Whatever happened to....?

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Watching Eurosport's coverage of the track cycling from Manchester and the sight of John Herety (What did he look like - Undertaker? Nightclub bouncer?) and the thread about bike testers on here, set me thinking about what happened to other famous names?
Some years back, Robert Millar used to test bikes for ProCycling, he vanished from the face of the earth. Last thing I heard of him was when an ex clubmate claimed that he'd had a sex change and was now calling himself Roberta and lived in Northampton[:0]. It wasn't April 1st either!
So folks, anyone else care to add to the list? Anyone else know what's happened to any of these "Golden Oldies" that will be thrown up?

Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by OffTheBackAdam</i>

Last thing I heard of him was when an ex clubmate claimed that he'd had a sex change and was now calling himself Roberta and lived in Northampton
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

One of UK cyclings biggest urban myths and load of nonsense.

Robert Millar was around during the period (late 80's) that I got interested in pro cycling - kellogs tour, Z peugeot

ah, happy memories[:)]
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    2007 and offthebackadam still looks the same - bet he's on drugs. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I heard that Lance was a dope head - is this true?