fox float remote conversion?

growls
growls Posts: 34
edited June 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys
I have a set of fox float 32 rl evolution forks on a new trek. Can anybody tell me if they can be converted to a remote lockout set up with a trigger on the bars? Thanks.

Comments

• 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    I guess that they are 2012 model? Yes, but they need a new damper and it's costly. Call mojo for a quote.
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    My usual question - why bother?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • growls
    Ok cooldad......
    I know you are the DADDY around these parts and you are full of great ideas! I am just fed up of reaching for the dial after caning it down a hill and on the way back up again. I was just wondering if i could convert at reasonable cost, then i could be out there more than on here? As usual you have come up with great advice!!!! Thanks to 368ka for the info. :x
  • cooldad
    I simply ask because it is very easy to reach down and turn it. Personally I only ever use it on the road getting to a trail and just ride up and down hill with it off. (and even then only because it is there, if it wasn't I wouldn't miss it)
    My question was valid, no need to be rude.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • growls
    Mr Cooldad
    When someone comes on this site and asks for some advice,which lets face it is everyone. They would prefer constructive answers that may help a bit. You answered my thread with 'WHY BOTHER?' In my book that is quite rude also. I've read loads of threads where you have p*****d people off with your replies and i reckon your just in it for the response. If it is just a reflection of your true character then don't bother cos there are plenty of people about with sound advice. Thanks for everything :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I'm going to suggest something that you may find odd.
    Leave it unlocked the whole time. After a while you'll actually wonder why you bothered changing it.

CD has a different approach to bikes, which I reckon could be summed up with - if it isn't broken, just use it.
    I have to say, I agree.
    A lot of the extra gubbins people buy for their bikes don't enhance it in any meaningful way, but hey, everyone has it, so it must the the awesomeness, right?

Sometimes it's useful to have a voice asking "do you really need it?" And that's what CD often supplies.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    For the second time in the last few months I have agree with Cooldad on this. My Fox forks have a lockout but I rarely use it. My old marzocchi forks have a lockdown travel adjustment but I took the lever off for this because I never used it.

386ka is right though, the damper is a very expensive part and it will require a service to fit it. Last time I spoke to Mojo about it for a customer, we was quoted in the region of £400! I guess reaching down with your hand doesn't seem that bad now does it
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I almost miss the days when me and CD used to argue and bit*h and moan about each other like an old married couple.
    Aaaah. Them were the days.
  • cooldad
    I almost miss the days when me and CD used to argue and bit*h and moan about each other like an old married couple.
    Compared to my ex you're a pussycat.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    cooldad wrote:
    Compared to my ex you're a pussycat doll.
    Awww, thanks.
    I think :?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It's ridiculously expensive.

I wanted to do the opposite (remote lockout lever was broken, cluttered up the bars, and never gets used anyway), and it was about £300! Daft.
  • growls
    Thanks dudes. They are the sort of answers i am after. Straight up figures! As for cd, well i meet single people like him everyday.They say that you never appreciate wot ya got til its gone! I think i will leave the forks alone then hey???????? meeeeooooowwwwwww
  • cooldad
    That's ok, I think you're a d1ck as well.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools