Cycling junkies

YeehaaMcgee
YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
edited June 2012 in The Crudcatcher
You fuckers never saw it coming, who'da thunk it or thought it?
You'd be ignored like the ramblings of a drunk if you'd report it
His performances are greeted with plaudits and laughter
If you him me red handed you'd probably think it's stigmata

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/u ... ong-34259/

Hmm, just realised that link gets cut short. Anyway, It's about Lance Armstrong, and he's alleged to be involved in doping. Surprise surprise, eh?

Comments

• cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Really? They're still on with this shlt?

10 years ago called, they want their scandal back.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Oh, right. I didn't know.
    Still, I can't get my head round how anyone takes the sport seriously any more.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Sorry, I wasn't specifically referring to your post. That's a "new development". Just the whole Lance doping saga in general. It's been going on pretty much as long as I can remember riding a bike. He did, he didn't, he did, he didn't.

The USADA have a massive hardon for him for some reason. I personally couldn't give a rats ass if he did or not, it was like a million years ago, and only involves those silly bikes that get im my way when I'm driving.

Roadies will undoubtedly be able to give a better insight. Not that we really want them hanging round here ;)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Certainly not. They'd bring the value of properties down, and make this an unsafe place for our kids to play, by littering the place with needles and foil wrappers.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    I don't see what the problem is with EPO anyway, I mean, Mr Bluesky was actually pretty good.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Different character, I believe.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Sorry, I wasn't specifically referring to your post. That's a "new development". Just the whole Lance doping saga in general. It's been going on pretty much as long as I can remember riding a bike. He did, he didn't, he did, he didn't.

The USADA have a massive hardon for him for some reason. I personally couldn't give a rats ass if he did or not, it was like a million years ago, and only involves those silly bikes that get im my way when I'm driving.

Roadies will undoubtedly be able to give a better insight. Not that we really want them hanging round here ;)

he was cleared by the 'police' (i'm not sure what actual arm of law enforcement it was) but now the USADA have 'new evidence' against him so want to drag it all up again. apparentlt they reckon that some of his blood samples from years ago show signs that he'd had a blood transfusion and used EPO...well why didn't they say that at the time? :? they also say they have over 15 witnesses that will testify to seeing him taking drugs

personally i think that he must have taken something as a friend of mine used to be a pro road racer and missed out on going to the commenwealth games a while back by 1 place and he knew for a fact all the guys who beat him were taking drugs, he wanted to stay clean and quit pro cycling because he siad he couldn't compete unless he cheated - a bit of integrity in the sport after all :lol: so i reckon most/all top riders have/do take something at some point.

but lance armstrong has said that he's taken over 500 drug tests and never failed so you never know, he could just have been awesome?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    I thought from the article though that the USDA didn't have any new evidence though. I thought they were just planning to use the same evidence that the US attorney thought was too weak to prosecute.*

*Could be wrong though, I only gave it a cursory glance.
  • welshkev
    I thought from the article though that the USDA didn't have any new evidence though. I thought they were just planning to use the same evidence that the US attorney thought was too weak to prosecute.*

*Could be wrong though, I only gave it a cursory glance.

but i thought i heard on the radio about the new evidence and witnesses - again i could be wrong, i should really go and re-read the article :lol:
  • welshkev
    ah yeah CWNT you're right - i read it as this was new evidence but it doesn't seem to be -it says its evidence dating back to 1996 ffs!!!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Your mate quit the road racing game because he didn't quite make it, so blames it all on rampant drug use? Hmm.
    Sounds a bit like all the guys in shitty bands complaining about copyright, when the reason they don't actually "make it big" is because they're shit.
    Either way, it appears to me that, with so many drug stories, and so many suspects, that road cycling is a pretty corrupt business, and a bit of a sad joke, frankly.
  • welshkev
    Your mate quit the road racing game because he didn't quite make it, so blames it all on rampant drug use? Hmm.
    Sounds a bit like all the guys in shitty bands complaining about copyright, when the reason they don't actually "make it big" is because they're shoot.
    Either way, it appears to me that, with so many drug stories, and so many suspects, that road cycling is a pretty corrupt business, and a bit of a sad joke, frankly.

when i say he quit, he still races but he quit the team and stopped being a full time rider - he knew other riders on his team were using enhancing substances and was being encouraged to cheat (take drugs) but didn't want to. it's not the old "oh i could've been....." scenario because he was a very good cyclist, he just had integrity and morals like i said :D
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    It's the cycling worlds equivalent to the Stephen Lawrence trial

We know something happened.. let's go to court
    Not guilty? Damn!
    More evidence please.. or here there it is.. thanks
    Failed again? Damn!
    Oh, here's even more evidence from way back when, we found a billionth of a milligram of some substance somewhere
    Another court case please
    Guilty!
    Result..
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I don't see the problem, let them all take the stuff. job done!
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Armstrong has denied drug use but has admited pedaling in the past

I'll get my coat