In or out?

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
The people don’t want a referendum on Europe, insists No 10 - so let's have our own! No need to comment, just vote and we'll see how Cake Stopland would end up.
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• baldwin471
    baldwin471 Posts: 366
    Well as a member of UKIP I'm hardly going to want to stay in the eurozone am i? Haha.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    At the time of writing 53 views, 1 vote. It seems the Gov's right. Go Dave!!

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care."
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • freddiegrubb
    freddiegrubb Posts: 448
    out
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    None of the above ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Fairly loaded question making it fairly obvious which way toryboy errr i mean aggieboy is leaning. I dont want to be in "euroland" but we cannot allow ourselves to be isolated from europe either. So- none of the above is about right. :D
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Drag the whole ot the British Isles to the Azores and have done with it
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I thought this was about the euro12 exit of ireland. hehe
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    baldwin471 wrote:
    Well as a member of UKIP I'm hardly going to want to stay in the eurozone am i? Haha.
    Just as well we're not in the eurozone then :roll:

This poll is certainly a good example of how not to frame a referendum question in a suitably neutral way, I expect Alec Salmond will be along to get Aggie's advice shortly
  • baldwin471
    baldwin471 Posts: 366
    bompington wrote:
    baldwin471 wrote:
    Just as well we're not in the eurozone then :roll:

This poll is certainly a good example of how not to frame a referendum question in a suitably neutral way, I expect Alec Salmond will be along to get Aggie's advice shortly

I mis-phrased, but we are a member of the european union, unfortunately.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Why call it "Ouris" :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Does this include the Falklands?
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    A Eurozone would be fine if membership was limited to solvent and productive countries. I don't want to be in a Eurozone if Spain is in it, or Greece for that matter.

I can't see the point of a UK referendum on Europe because the question won't actually mean anything and the 2 opposing views will be so polarised it would remove any serious debate.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    baldwin471 wrote:
    I mis-phrased,

This seems a perennial problem with UKIP.

article-0-081606F2000005DC-995_468x321.jpg

Let alone the chairman who forgot the manifesto entirely in 2010...
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    GiantMike wrote:
    A Eurozone would be fine if membership was limited to solvent and productive countries. I don't want to be in a Eurozone if Spain is in it, or Greece for that matter.

I can't see the point of a UK referendum on Europe because the question won't actually mean anything and the 2 opposing views will be so polarised it would remove any serious debate.

Well that counts out the UK doesn't it? Or near as dammit ............. Britain - its not that great .......
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Clearly we should leave, because it is much better to have no say on issues that fundamentally affect our economy.

You hear politicians on the right crowing how it is great we aren't in the Euro after what has happened, but then the UK and Italy are the only G20 nations currently in recession. That is hardly a ringing endorsement for going it alone.
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    There's no caveat to continued EU membership which reads "the member state must wholly participate in the Union where that may lead."

The leaders of the integration movement may get pissy & political when a member state attempts to moderate or exclude itself from further integration but the idea that they'd do real damage to the value of the existing Union by ejecting a major player/contributor is fanciful.

The either/or question is a political tool of those at either extreme of the argument, each using the extreme which they are against as a scare story to drive people into their camp.