Bikefit/back pain

mamiljock
mamiljock Posts: 69
Can anyone recommend where I can get a good bike fit done in the North East of Scotland? I'm in my mid forties with a manual job and did hurt my lower back lifting a couple of years ago - recently i've developed an 'aching/wearing' pain in my lower back and hips sometimes left, sometimes right and sometimes both sides. I do not get pain when I'm on the bike but it returns after a few hours and I'm not sure if the two are related - I've tried raising lowering the saddle, adjusting angle etc but still the same nagging pain. Its starting to affect my work and am considering taking a break from cycling to see if that helps but do not really want to lose my fitness or the joy of riding. Just got back to cycling a couple of years ago and having trained better i've been increasing my mileage this year - any help appreciated!
ya still gotta crank it

Comments

• mamiljock wrote:
    Can anyone recommend where I can get a good bike fit done in the North East of Scotland? I'm in my mid forties with a manual job and did hurt my lower back lifting a couple of years ago - recently i've developed an 'aching/wearing' pain in my lower back and hips sometimes left, sometimes right and sometimes both sides. I do not get pain when I'm on the bike but it returns after a few hours and I'm not sure if the two are related - I've tried raising lowering the saddle, adjusting angle etc but still the same nagging pain. Its starting to affect my work and am considering taking a break from cycling to see if that helps but do not really want to lose my fitness or the joy of riding. Just got back to cycling a couple of years ago and having trained better i've been increasing my mileage this year - any help appreciated!

Right I'm no medical expert so consider this the disclaimer but I have had lower back pain and tracked it down to an imbalence in my leg muscles/foot. I found I was flat footed in my right foot. Long story short this caused my leg to rotate pushing out the alignment in my pelvis and hence back pain. It's normally OK but much worse when riding.

It's only taken me 7 years, X Rays, soft tissue scans and consultants and physio's to get to the bottom of this.

I did the exercises, and got better. Simples!

I'm not saying this is what is wrong with you and it may well be set up, but perhaps get someone to recommend you a decent sports Physio as an option?

Often injuries which are not correctly remediated can cause issues down the line.