Old - But new to me CAAD 5

smidsy
smidsy Posts: 5,273
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
So I started cycling in January and bought a used bike to see how things go.

Its a 2005 model of Cannondales CAAD 5.

.jpg

It had:
Ultegra brakes
Ultegra front mech
Dura Ace rear mech.
Shimano RS20 wheelset

Since purchase I have added:
Fizik Arione saddle,
Ultegra STI's
and American Classic Aero 420 wheels with
Schwalbe Durano S tyres.

As I say old but my new toy none the less.
Yellow is the new Black.

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Careful with those tags and urls! Image not showing
    Faster than a tent.......
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Who cares if its old? looks amazing! (p.s. you need to put a backslash / in the second IMG tag)
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Here it is. I thought I'd bother to post it since it looks bloody great!

7266380506_5ab59a9101_c.jpg
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Get some of this bar tape though:

ZE130N813_zoom.jpg
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I love those wheels!! I want a set !
  • MarksMintness
    MarksMintness Posts: 484
    Agreed on the bar tape, and loving the appropriate American classic wheels! What a lovely looking and quality bike.
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    That is a great looking bike, love the frame and the wheels, but I ain't feeling the lurve with bar tape though. Anyway I hope it rides as good as looks.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • smidsy
    Tell me, is it the fact the tape is red or is it that it has silver logos on it that is casuing decent among the ranks? ;-)

I need to double tape anyway (to provide a bit more damping through the bars) so will be getting some other stuff and really need to get it right. This sh1t matters you know 8)

Cheers
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • p9uma
    For me it's the colour of the tape, it's so....red. A bit to much red going on there methinks. Don't get me wrong I like red, me but on that it looks bit, um I dunno, a little bit Victoria Beckham and I don't mean that in a good way. The rest of the bike looks luvverly

Lose the red, give it's freedom, get it gone.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • smidsy
    Thanks p9uma - and there is never a good way when VB is mentioned.

I was going for the red/white/blue thing to be patriotic (both to the bike and to the UK) and try to bring in the red off the wheel graphics.

Hmmm - maybe Blue, White or simply back to Black then. Oohh decisions, decisions.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • p9uma
    smidsy wrote:
    Thanks p9uma - and there is never a good way when VB is mentioned.

I was going for the red/white/blue thing to be patriotic (both to the bike and to the UK) and try to bring in the red off the wheel graphics.

Hmmm - maybe Blue, White or simply back to Black then. Oohh decisions, decisions.

I see what you are trying to do there with the red, but for some reason it ain't working. If you can get the blue to match the saddle I reckon Robert would be ya mothers brother's significant other.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Blue bar tape will pull the bike scheme together methinks. Traditional black would also work. Nice looking bike. Enjoy :D
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • smidsy
    So I have now replaced the saddle with a black Arione and have also Taped the bars with Gloss Black Fizik Microtex Tape, so the saddle and bar tape match and the only red is the wheel graphics.

That should tame it 8)

Edit: Now that I have actually worked out how to embed the photos - only took me 8 months :oops:

8390382222_692f70f6fd_c_d.jpg

Saddle bag now removed before anyone say's it :lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.