Mission Control Damper

DCR00
DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited June 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Morning all

Anyone know if a Mission Control Damper can be fitted to a 32mm fork ?

I'm prob gonna change the Comp and rebound dampers in my Sektor, and I quite like the idea of having an adjustable high speed compression circuit as opposed to the factory set one you get in the RCT3 damper, however you only see the MC damper on Lyrik and above, suggesting that maybe the MC damper only fits wider stanchions...

I've emailed Loco for advice, but nothing yet, so thought I would ask

Cheers

DCR

Comments

• Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Motion Control:
    images1.jpg
    might be able to be fitted to your forks.

Mission Control:
    images.jpg
    definitely can't be fitted to your forks.

Which do you mean?

EDIT: Ok so Rockshox do a 'Mission Control Damper', whatever :P
  • DCR00
    It already has MoCo, but on Poploc, which is a bit rubbish as i never use lockout

Loco have confirmed that the new RCT3 damper will fit fine, but TBH i dont really want the three position platform you get with that damper (i fail to see the benefit of using the mid position and low speed comp adjust) and would prefer to be able to adjust both high and low speed compression

if i cant, then i cant
  • DCR00
    SRAM say no to Mission Control compression damper - too big

Just checking whether Dual flow rebound damper can be used
  • DCR00
    SRAM confirmed that Dual Flow rebound damper can be used, but only on solo air forks

Effectively will have a solo air Revelation
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not sure what they mean - the damping cartridge is totally seperate to the air cartridge.
  • DCR00
    i think the point he was making was that there was little point in upgrading the rebound damper if i was going to have the most basic compression damper as well

from SRAM - "The dual flow damper from the revelations is on the more expensive models, so to get your fork to perform in the same way you would also need an upgraded compression damper to see any effect."

So not saying you cant do it, but suggesting for best performance, you change both
  • DCR00
    supersonic wrote:
    Not sure what they mean - the damping cartridge is totally seperate to the air cartridge.

Sorry, ignore my last reply

if you have a coil fork, then they have a top out spring on the rebound damper which prevents you from using the dual flow

i have solo air, so no top out spring