Suggest a riding venue

BigJimmyB
BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
edited June 2012 in Routes
Good afternoon,

I'm looking for suggestions for places to ride for a day. Requirements:

Good XC/Trail preferred
Within 2 hours drive of J30/31 on M25

FYI, we've done and will probably rule out Swinley, but are thinking of Thetford and Chicksands.

Any offers?

Thanks
BJB

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Queen Elizabeth park?

Hadleigh Farm in a few months if it comes available!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Surrey Hills
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • BigJimmyB
    Sorry, should have been clearer, this is for first week of July so Hadleigh deffo out (will be nice tho as it's 15 mins down the road!).

QEP looks a bit short for a days worth, but thanks.

Surrey Hills - good call, but I'v been before and struggled to find my way around, ended up doing more road riding than I would have liked. Of course, any maps/.gpx files would be welcome.....
  • simonekarl
    simonekarl Posts: 48
    http://www.diaryofamountainbiker.co.uk/ ... _downs.php

You can get guided rides on Sunday morning too. I ride a lot in the Surrey Hils and have to say that some parts will really test you. whilst Wales and Scoland may have the terrain the Surrey hills, especially Leith and Pitch hills have everything.

Also loads of locals who are very friendly and happy to point you in the right direction. Make sure you stop for tea in Peaslake, also bike shop in village were very helpful.

There is no need to ride Tarmac over there. ..

Have fun
    2022 Specialized Crux Comp Gravel destroyer
    Single speed 46x16 Traffic eliminator
  • BigJimmyB
    Thanks very much.

I've picked up that there is a group ride from Nirvana cycles - do you know of it?

Thanks again
    BJB