cannock new be"s

learnerDave
learnerDave Posts: 24
edited June 2012 in Routes
been cruzin round the chase after going around ftd and the monkey, what a breath of fresh air. no q"s or people on ur back wheel. endless routes and trails and no 1 round for miles, really impressed, think ill do more or that.
falling off only helps

Comments

• waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    been cruzin round the chase after going around ftd and the monkey, what a breath of fresh air. no q"s or people on ur back wheel. endless routes and trails and no 1 round for miles, really impressed, think ill do more or that.

If you get away from the way marked trails then it is pretty quiet. Although bear in mind if you are going off piste alone then think about your personal safety ie what would happen if you had a big off, how would people find you etc etc.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    waby1234 wrote:

If you get away from the way marked trails then it is pretty quiet. Although bear in mind if you are going off piste alone then think about your personal safety ie what would happen if you had a big off, how would people find you etc etc.

That's a pretty gay way of looking at it, ooo I cant ride on my own in case something happens.

Get a grip.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    waby1234 wrote:

That's a pretty gay way of looking at it, ooo I cant ride on my own in case something happens.

Get a grip.
    :roll:

Except that's not what he said is it. If you're going off piste, somewhere where you're likely to be on your own for a long time should something happen, it's sensible to let someone know where you are, so if you don't come back they know where to start looking for you.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • waby1234
    waby1234 wrote:

Get a grip.

A pretty happy way of looking at it? Is that what you meant? Because if you mean something else that's a pretty immature and stupid thing to say.

My comment refers to considering personal safety if riding alone - if you had a problem then it's quite handy if someone knows broadly where you are.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Very true. Have not ridden a full lap of the official trails for months now there is always something or somebody who f*cks it up. That fricken diversion on the Monkey is a ball ache especially now the FC have dug up the diversions around the diversion.

Have gone back to the North side now or just use the official trails as arteries there is still plenty of good stuff to be ridden. The fricken trail police can't brash the whole Chase.
  • Pipster3
    Pipster3 Posts: 82
    .blitz wrote:
    The fricken trail police can't brash the whole Chase.

:) What is it with the brash and logs ? On the run up to the Werewolf drop ...

I spend a lot of time on the Trails with my little boy and my sisters kids they are only novice riders and not ready for the Monkey yet :)
    The FTD is perfect nothing to difficult apart from the Werewolf drop and remember the Dog is more for beginners and kids ...
    Why brash the run up to it and not leave a Chicken run to the side seem crazy to me ...
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Don't get me started on brash :)
  • waby1234
    the Dog is more for beginners and kids ...

Really? The blue trail is more for beginners and kids. The dog is not the biggest challenge, granted, but it's a red graded trail suited to more experienced riders.
    2011 Carrera Fury

• Pipster3
    Pipster3 Posts: 82
    Remember you live in the UK and playing Conkers on the school playground has been outlawed :)

If they badged it as dead easy and someone hurt thenselfs the no win no fee Scumbags would do a great trade in conpensation claims :(

It's more Pink than Red :) and perfect for showing beginners and kids the basics fair play to the Trail builders ... Cannock has the perfect mix for all abilities :)
    Last weekend I met a guy on the Dog with his 6 and 9yr old boys both on little 20" bikes doing just great having a right laugh for me that's what it's all about :)

My son is 4 and already peddling his little Cnoc 14 without stabilizers and in a couple of years when he's big enough for the 20" bike he will be riding the Dog as well ...
    For now he comes along with me on his LOCT saddle as he has done since he was 2yrs old he loves it ... www.loct.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    waby1234 wrote:
    waby1234 wrote:

Get a grip.

A pretty happy way of looking at it? Is that what you meant? Because if you mean something else that's a pretty immature and stupid thing to say.

My comment refers to considering personal safety if riding alone - if you had a problem then it's quite handy if someone knows broadly where you are.

Yes dear, I'm at Cannock Chase. Thats about as brief as it gets if you're heading off the beaten track.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Pipster3 wrote:
    Why brash the run up to it and not leave a Chicken run to the side seem crazy to me ...

IIRC they are in the process of building a chicken run. When I was last up there, there didnt seem to be any brash that restricted me doing the drop.