Willhubs UB40 budget plan

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,195
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
To assist the above in his time of being brassick/skint/pennyless/broke/stoney broke/de nada/zilch/zero etc, I thought it would be a good idea (seen as some of us have lots of ideas) to help willhub live, eat, drink, go out, save money.

My first bit of advice:

Save on washing: After a week, turn your underwear inside out, you'll get more use out of it.

The cake stoppers can help you with the rest...
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I've copied that post, just in case it disappears. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Save money on baths by not having baths.
    Raw Mars bars are more filling and nutritious than microwaved Mars bars.
    Start smoking and then give up. By giving up smoking you'll save yourself about £1000 a year.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Blu-tac is a great replacement for chewing gum and lasts much longer and you can get it from poundland
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Do what I do and go to your local supermarket at close of play and raid the casualty corner, leg of lamb for 98p, hell yeah I'll find room in the freezer for it.

Freezer Tetris, it's what OMAHB was invented for.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • finchy
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Do what I do and go to your local supermarket at close of play and raid the casualty corner, leg of lamb for 98p, hell yeah I'll find room in the freezer for it.

Love n hugs

DD

Chicken vindaloo - 10p a portion at 11.30pm at my local Asda.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Food - 2 meals for a week.

Roast chicken -> chicken salad -> chicken curry -> chicken soup.

Mince -> Bolognese -> chilli

Served me well when I was out of work & skint.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Try gettin' a job.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110

Save on washing: After a week, turn your underwear inside out, you'll get more use out of it.

if you switch them back to front and inside out again you will get 4x the use :P
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Try gettin' a job.

+1 :twisted:
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Beer-when I was at college they used to tell us it was a complete food,but it wasnt.You need crisps as well.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Try gettin' a job.

Sweet :lol:

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I've copied that post, just in case it disappears. :lol:

Good move. I wish I'd done that to the post I made earlier questioning whether the mod/s should do more locking and less deleting. I think the answer was probably no :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652

If you try and get underwear with the same size leg and waist holes then you can get 6 times out of it by rotating them round a hole each day and then turning them inside out.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    johnfinch wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Not from the SmartPrice range though I hope - Asda's cheapo digestive biscuits from said range are truly foul and akin to eating MDF*. Yet Sainsbury's can knock out Basics ones at the same price which are a very agreeable biscuit. :?

David

*Probably. Only a guess though.
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    k-dog wrote:

If you try and get underwear with the same size leg and waist holes then you can get 6 times out of it by rotating them round a hole each day and then turning them inside out.

There's much potential to lower the tone there with obvious hole-based comments....

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Procure 50kilos of honey and a squeezy bottle. Put it on everything inc road rash and your weetabix
  • finchy
    johnfinch wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Not from the SmartPrice range though I hope

Good God, no. From the deli counter. If they don't sell it by midnight they have to chuck it away, so 10p a portion after 11.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Rigga wrote:
    Blu-tac is a great replacement for chewing gum and lasts much longer and you can get it from poundland

I'm sure that's correct, but I find that picking up one of those red elastic bands that posty leaves all over the floor, and smearing it with a bit of toothpaste last so much longer.
    Graham.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Toothpaste? thats a bit posh. Use baking powder mixed with a bit of lemon Squeezy and the frayed end of a stick (no need to buy toothbrushes). If you can't afford baking powder, raid the local creche's sand pit. If you can't afford lemon squeezy, just take a jam jar and empty the local supermarkets soap dispenser in the toilets.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    Red wine.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    willhub wrote:
    Red wine.

rat in mi kitchen - supper