Not for the squeamish...Rated 21

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,320
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Effing dentists - decided I would save a bit of money and do a DIY job.

I would have posted the pic, but some presbyterians might get offended and start whingeing at the mods. You have been warned.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinarello001/7346352270/

My dentist did say that it would probably need to come out the next time I was due. But he is a butcher from Poland (or so he sais he is). I reckon he's a left over from WW2 the evil b@st@rd. I should have guessed when he said "Zis rotten swine will haft to be eliminated mit cheapest anistetik you horribel britisk man"
God, the relief - I stomped round my training run tonight.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    that looks like an elephants foot.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mr_sj
    mr_sj Posts: 507
    Out of interest, how did you get it out ? String round the door handle or a good set of Pliers ?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Never mind that. What did you use as a painkiller and more important, have you got any left?
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Do you ever clean your teeth?
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Wow....Thats a tooth !?!?

I thought it was a tusk...... :shock:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    How the chuff do you manage to have a tooth so badly decayed? :shock:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    How the chuff do you manage to have a tooth so badly decayed? :shock:

Deep fried Mars Bars and energy gels?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    None of the above. I am immuno compromised after a bone marrow transplant. So very susceptible to infections. Yes, its a wisdom tooth - they're useless bloody things anyway. I clean my teeth 3 times a day and use Chlorahexadine mouth wash. If you look carefully, its been filled but the bone was compromised after a systemic bone infection which actually lead to a 3rd hip-replacement.
    Lets just say this is the ugly side of the coin of immuno supression/bone marrow transplants.
    Pain killers: 2 x CoCodamol and 2 x Ibruprofen. No pliers, no string and door knobs. It had been loose for donkeys yonks and after the last extraction (hours of bleeding and a trip to A and E) done by the Nazi Dentist from Hell, I teased it out gently myself, very little bleed and not painful by my standards. I am on anti-biotics anyway.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • If it gave you pain then smash with an hammer on the doorstep :-))
  • andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    Respect... I've got to go tomorrow for a filling and I'm bricking myself. :( Give me broken bones, dislocations... no worries. Anything to do with eyes and teeth, and I'm a wussy of the highest order!
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Nasty ! Nuff said !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    andyb78 wrote:
    Respect... I've got to go tomorrow for a filling and I'm bricking myself. :( Give me broken bones, dislocations... no worries. Anything to do with eyes and teeth, and I'm a wussy of the highest order!
    +1. What is about eyes, teeth and nails, is it the old movies and torture? You're a braver man than I.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Oooh I bet that you feel better for getting that bugger out. My most recent foray to a dentist cost me over £2k due to need for a root canal - now that was pleasant :(

Have to agree that busting a bone seems more desirable than having a dentist drill holes in your gob and then slap some polyfilla in the hole.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!