Llandegla

bwstokie
bwstokie Posts: 115
edited June 2012 in Routes
Been to Coed Llandegla for the first time today and can't make my mind up what I thought? I think I loved it?

The first slog uphill is probably the most bored I've ever been on a MTB, but then the black runs were brilliant and I never felt like I was out of control for my ability. Also with it being my first time there, and being on my own, I thought I took it steady as obvoiusly don't know the track. I did the 12.5 miles in just under an hour and half which I just can't get my head round as it's pretty much mile for mile the same as Cannock which I've never done in less than an hour and three quarters? Must be that Llandegla is either up or down and Cannock is flatter.

I was really impressed with the condition of the trails!!

Pretty sure I'll be making a return trip in a couple of weeks :-)

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I really like Llandegla, and I ride alone also. I think I like it because I'm not that mental on the drops and jumps, and everything is roll-able - I guess this is why some others say they don't like it. My freehub died about 300 metres from the car park last time I went, so I'm due a visit soon.
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    I went on saturday for the first time and loved it, wasn't sure about doing the black runs at first but I'm glad we did, they were brilliant.
    The climb up was a lot less than I expected which is good, It's just long. It was very misty so didn't take in much scenery.
    Papa? Nicole