Cakelosportive

polocini
polocini Posts: 201
Patisserie Cyclisme and Polocini have teamed up to offer a Cakelosportive. Seeing as we have an extra bank holiday for the jubilee celebrations what better way to finish a long weekend than with a ride along some glorious Cheshire roads. We expect the roads to be quiet whilst the plebs stay at home glued to their boxes watching the Royal celebrations!!!

The route is nice and gentle and features a feed station at the Eureka cyclists cafe. As always I'll be bold and state that not only do we have the best food of any sportives but we are also the best value.

More details here: http://polocini.com/cyclosportives/2012 ... ilee-ride/

Cheers
AL

Comments

• mellow velo
    mellow velo Posts: 41
    Now that sounds like my kind of sportive!
    no pain... sounds good to me
  • Slacey
    Slacey Posts: 78
    Looking forward to it :D
    Freelance Journalist
    ex-Team Cycling Plus 2011
    Three Boardmans and a Spesh,
    numerous test rigs
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I'm in on this one too. Gonna be a long one for me - riding down to the start from near home, not too far from then errrmmmm Eureka Cafe (the half way stop)!!
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Did anyone else do this ride?

I decided to do the 2nd half first as i'm up past the Eureka Cafe at home. Anyway, a 9am start meant i left home just before 6am and rode the 45 miles down to the start (15 miles to the Cafe and then circa 30 miles of the return leg). Pushed myself as i thought i'd be tight on time with the headwind but got to the start just before 8:30am. After a good chat with Tom from Pattiserie Cyclisme who was on tea duty, it was time to get going again. Really enjoyed the ride back and had a chat to a few people on the way. Made it to the Eureka for cake in good time, but 10 mins later the queue really started and was out the door, up the drive and along the road!! 200+ people after 30 miles meant loads arrived together unfortunately. I rode directly home from there as I didnt fancy silly mileage (like 170+), but still managed 100.5 miles (17.5mph) overall, and was home before 1pm. Struggled a bit over the last 10 miles but a bowl of museli and a cake doesnt really work on 100 mile rides. I really missed the usual energy bars and gels assortment today anyway. The ride was a 60 miler though so my own fault.

Anyway, another good event from Allen and the Polocini team. Hope the food was as good as usual at the end?

A pint this afternoon went straight to my head however - feel like a real cheap date now! ;)
  • Slacey
    Slacey Posts: 78
    I rode, and thought it was a great event. More like it please! My Cyclosport review is here with a few pics - http://www.cyclosport.org/06-Jun-2012/n ... eview.html
    Freelance Journalist
    ex-Team Cycling Plus 2011
    Three Boardmans and a Spesh,
    numerous test rigs