FocusZing
FocusZing Posts: 4,373
edited June 2012 in The Crudcatcher
I Hope Guy Martin wins one this year.

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Yup, I'd go with that.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    So do I and i hate to say it but i've got a bad feeling for some reason this year..... I really, really, really, really hope I'm wrong though as Guy is ace!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    He's in with a chance, but then I've been saying that for 4 years now and he always somehow manages to let it slip away. Been watching some of the practice sessions

McPint is well on the pace this year, and he's got a boat load of experience behind him and a dissapointing year last year too. I reckon he'll be taking the senior. Cam Donald should take one if he can avoid any mechanicals, and I reckon Mikey Dunlop too especially if conditions are a bit iffy for any of the races.

It's a shame Connor is carrying his injury after the NW200, because he'd have been in with a shot too.

Thing is, the top 4-5 riders are just so far above everyone else, it's anyones guess.

Might try and get some more pics tonight if the weather lifts a bit.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    CWNT, where on the course do you go? Personally I go to Ballacraine

Also Echo CWNT's thoughts about winners.

Speaking of other big names, I don't think Hutchinson will be big this year, given he's coing back from his horrific injury. I reckon Bruce Anstey has a shout.

If anyone is going to get a 100mph lap on the electric contraptions, then I think McGuiness will be the man
  • FocusZing
    He's in with a chance, but then I've been saying that for 4 years now and he always somehow manages to let it slip away. Been watching some of the practice sessions

McPint is well on the pace this year, and he's got a boat load of experience behind him and a dissapointing year last year too. I reckon he'll be taking the senior. Cam Donald should take one if he can avoid any mechanicals, and I reckon Mikey Dunlop too especially if conditions are a bit iffy for any of the races.

It's a shame Connor is carrying his injury after the NW200, because he'd have been in with a shot too.

Thing is, the top 4-5 riders are just so far above everyone else, it's anyones guess.

Might try and get some more pics tonight if the weather lifts a bit.

Good to see some pics, hope the weather holds out for everybody.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    You've cursed it!
    It's raining today and last nights practice was called off half way through due to fog rolling in off the mountain.

As for where I watch, we live on the course (by signpost corner), so I watch from a few spots round here because it's easy. Will be round at the neighbours on senior race day having a Beer and BBQ and watching from their decking.

My favourite spot is down the bottom of St Ninians though. They hit the dip at the bottom there at 200mph and bottom out.

Didn't get out yesterday, but here is my favourite shot from last year to hold you over. Taken at st ninians crossroads during the senior.

TT2011089.jpg

Coverage starts on telly tonight too.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    I hope he wins one this year, but more than that I just hope we get some good, safe racing.
  • FocusZing
    You've cursed it!
    It's raining today and last nights practice was called off half way through due to fog rolling in off the mountain.

As for where I watch, we live on the course (by signpost corner), so I watch from a few spots round here because it's easy. Will be round at the neighbours on senior race day having a Beer and BBQ and watching from their decking.

My favourite spot is down the bottom of St Ninians though. They hit the dip at the bottom there at 200mph and bottom out.

Didn't get out yesterday, but here is my favourite shot from last year to hold you over. Taken at st ninians crossroads during the senior.

[ i m g]http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq118/ManxMatt/TT2011089.jpg[/i m g]

Coverage starts on telly tonight too.

Damn hope it doesn't last, good photo.

John Hutchinson's Swan Yamaha Superbike.

Bird%2BStrike%2521%2BIsle%2Bof%2BMan%2BTT%2Brider%2Bducks%2Bfor%2Bcover%2Bas%2Blow-flying%2Bsea%2Bgull%2Bcollides%2Bwith%2Bhis%2BSuperbike%2Bat%2Ba%2Bblistering%2B170mph%2B%2B1.jpg

As if they haven't got enough to contend with.
  • xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    I hope Guy wins somthing but John Mcguinness is the one who will be winning the majority of races, I also hope Conor Cummins or Ian Hutchinson win somthing but to tell you the truth its just good to see them both on a bike and racing again. Heres to a good safe year of TT!!!
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • compo
    If someone could do a qucik rundown on the specifications of each class that'd be ace, its so confusing :)
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Haha, they do all seem very similar don't they.

Ok, here goes.....

Superbikes - Race bikes 750+cc (almost entirely 1000cc)
    Supersports - Race bikes 400-750cc (almost entirely 600cc)
    Superstocks - Essentially road bikes with a few tweaks 600cc+ (almost entirely 1000cc)
    Super twins (lightweight TT) - 650cc 2 cylinder 4-stroke bikes
    TT Zero, or TTX - Electric bikes
    Sidecars - People who are officially certified as insane. The sort of person who think they're a potato.

The Senior race can include any of the bikes from the Superbike, supersport or superstock races.

Don't think I missed any.
  • compo
    Cheers CWNT. They do look all similar and have Shikari names. I agree, th is something severely wrong with the sidecar blokes, you wouldn't get me in one of those
  • FSR Si
    FSR Si Posts: 147
    Sidecars - People who are officially certified as insane. The sort of person who think they're a potato.

Love this description, i'll have to show my mate when he gets back. He's entered this year for the first time No43 sidecar outfit :lol::lol::lol:
    My Rides......91 GT Talera SingleSpeed, 97 Klein pulse race, 2010 Boardman HT Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    If anyone is interested, the delayed Supersport race starts in 5min

Listen live here:

http://www.manxradiott365.com/resources/radioplayer/
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    I am watching but Mick Dunlops bloody flying!! And McPint has already done a lap!! :shock:
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    OH NOES Guy Martin out!!!!!!!!!!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • cat_with_no_tail
    So Rutter has just done the first 100mph+ lap on a leccy bike (102.508) with a top speed through the sulby trap at 153.2mph.

Makes you wonder how long it's going to be before they are competing with the petrol bikes, and beating them.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Managed to get out tonight to watch the Superstock race 1. Just went to the bottom of my street (you can see my house in the vid) so pics are not quite as thrilling as some I've done in the past. Still pretty good though. The new footbridge they've put in this year makes for a pretty good viewing point.

Start off with a little bit of video:

th_superstock1.jpg

Pics:

They get flippin close to that wall:
    Monday_superstock034.jpg

Monday_superstock039.jpg

Monday_superstock044.jpg

Monday_superstock047.jpg

Monday_superstock048.jpg

Monday_superstock017.jpg

Monday_superstock022.jpg

Monday_superstock004.jpg

Monday_superstock008.jpg

Monday_superstock010.jpg

Monday_superstock013.jpg

Monday_superstock014.jpg

Monday_superstock032.jpg
  • FocusZing
    That is crazy how close they get, good action shots.
  • paulmgreen
    paulmgreen Posts: 158
    I think the whole world wants Guy to win one!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Not me. He's like a sulky child. I wanted him to win one back in 2009 (the year before his accident), but he's become a bit of a diva lately, constantly playing the "I'm just a lorry mechanic" card at the same time.

I wanted Dan Kneen to win one, but as he's still off the bike after his crash on monday, and wont be back today, I don't think he's got it in him to win the senior and I think Ryan will bag the lightweight.
    Conor is off the pace, even if he manages to get back on the bike again by Friday.
    I'd love Gary Johnson to win one.
    Failing that, McPint can continue to wipe the floor with everyone else for all I care.
  • compo
    It would be nice to see Hutchy win one, though he won't this year obviously and I'm not sure about next year either.

Weather delaying today's schedule; looks like commuting hell for the second race day running

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of- ... -1-4616452
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Nah it's not as bad as they make out. I work on the outside of the course and live on the inside. They open the crossing points so everyone can get home.

You have to remember, a traffic jam on the IOM is a VERY different affair to a traffic jam on the big island. People moan about being stuck in a "traffic jam" along the prom for 10min on a morning at 9. :lol:

They've c0cked up this race schedule today though. It's all the wrong order.

They should send out the scoobies and get the parade lap done, dry it out a bit, get a sighting lap in etc. Then send out the slideys for their race, dry it out a bit more.

Then run the leccy bikes.
    Then do the supersport after the roads close again @ 6
  • compo
    True , yet the island is far too busy in TT weeks.

I'm flying in this afternoon and hoping my parents pick me up from Ronaldsway so we shall see whether I end up on the bus
  • cat_with_no_tail
    compo wrote:
    True , yet the island is far too busy in TT weeks.

I'm flying in this afternoon and hoping my parents pick me up from Ronaldsway so we shall see whether I end up on the bus

Where you staying? If you fancy a pint give me a shout.
  • xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    I would love Dan Kneen to win one (Not just because we share the same last name and he shares both his names with my brother haha) What happened to him on monday? im not from the isle of man myself but i have a lot of family over there and they havnt rung to tell us any more info other than the TT on itv4. I should have been there this year but exams and a serious back problem mean im going to have to wait another year to see it in person, But i am 16 so thats plenty more TT's i can come watch ;)
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • compo
    CWNT Im at tomorrow my parents/my house in Port Erin.
    Im at the age where Im at uni then back home so dunno whether i can call it mine anymore haha
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Nice, we used to live in Port Erin. Many, many years ago I used to manage the bars in the Falcon (and Talons, although that was most likely before your time).
  • compo
    Aye, only moved over a couple of years back when my dad got a job over here. Falcon's Nest is alright but you can't beat the Bay
  • compo
    Well after waiting all day today at a partially sunny Ballacraine, it was somewhat dissapointing not to see the Senior being ran. However, rider safety must obviously be paramount. It was good to see the Supertwins however. It has been said that this could be the future of road racing as they are especailly good for privateers; I think I heard Farqhar saying he could supply one, ready to race, for £15-16k