Procyclekits.co.uk - has anybody used them?

rugbywilld
rugbywilld Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I am trying to buy some short sleeve cycling jerseys for a group participating in a group ride. It doesn't matter too much what they look like, as long as they are the same!

I stumbled across this site: http://www.procyclekits.co.uk where the prices seem a little too good to be true.

Does anybody have any experience using them in the past? I would really appreciate any advice you might be able to give us on this company.

Many thanks in advance,

Will

Comments

• HenryWetz
    HenryWetz Posts: 2
    Hi Will,

Brother found this site yesterday- he has ordered Na Nalini kit! He received an email confirming his purchase had been picked, packed and despatched via air. ETA of 8-18 days. Once this kit has arrived I will let you know what its like! (We too are slightly dubious about this site, but he has gambled! Wait and see).

Thanks

Henry
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    mmmmm both posters only have 1 post !!!
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Looks like the standard sort of kits you get on Monton, Samewood and those sorts of places.

Clearly fake but if they turn up will do a job.

Second post is a bit dodgy I think :)
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    I would avoid - the website was registered last month by someone in Malaysia, and there is no telephone number or contact address on the site.
  • Hi,

Thanks for the advice today. I am suspicious, but I might still try given that I have some protection by Paypal. Will post back here if I do, though am yet to decide.

Yes it is my first post and fair enough to be cautious of that, though I wanted to ask the question and came across this site. I've used the same login name on other forum sites like Outdoors Magic.

And I'm riding in the Force Century Cycle Challenge in Devon - so nowhere near the Far East!!

Thanks for your responses all - impressed by the speed of them.

Will
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Hmmm...let me have a think about this...

Fake!

Think I'll report the web site to Castelli so that the owners can be sued stupid for being little thieving dirty scum bags.
  • BillyMansell
    BillyMansell Posts: 817
    If the OP is genuinely looking for a supplier of cycling kit for a group then I'd suggest http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/ - A genuinely British company with a good reputation who can produce custom designs for groups.

Only connection is someone who's bought goods for myself on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed with quality of goods or service.
  • HenryWetz
    HenryWetz Posts: 2
    Hi Will,

I have only posted once as I have only just signed up to Bikeradar. I have only just taken up cycling as I am taking part in a charity ride- I have found I really like enjoy it! I have bought cheap MTB MFX gear from sports direct, which does not really do the job hence why my brother and I have been looking for proper clothing. I live in Kent, I am English and by the looks of it my brother has been conned. I have emailed the sales team at the site- they responded, they appear to be well set up but the response to my question of how can you be so cheap was answered with - with have ways!? Not a professional response.

If the goods do turn up I will still let you all know how fake they actually are! I will be getting dhb bib and Alutra top from wiggle to start with, see how I go.

Cheers

Henry
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    I think the "Castle" Rasso Course cycling mitts are a bit of a giveaway AVOID!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Thanks, All. Nice to see a forum which is alive with respondents!

Henry - thanks for your post. Will be interesting to see how you get on. Sounds like you got involved in cycling in the same way that I did, with a charity ride.

Billy - thanks for the pointer, I'll look at the site you suggest. I have bought from them in the past, but was looking at other options as well, might just give them another go though.

Thanks,

Will
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    If the OP is genuinely looking for a supplier of cycling kit for a group then I'd suggest http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/ - A genuinely British company with a good reputation who can produce custom designs for groups.

Only connection is someone who's bought goods for myself on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed with quality of goods or service.
    +1 for that.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    If the OP still wants to go the cough 'alternative replica' route then may I suggest http://www.cycling-monton.com/ just got myself a Omega Pharma 2012 jersey+bib shorts for 28quid.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    My virus software says to avoid the above link, so proceed with caution
  • Will keep well clear of this company then :roll: