Hi - New to MTB

Welsh_Wizard
Welsh_Wizard Posts: 84
edited June 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi all.

New to all forms of MTB.

Got a GT Zaskar 2012 Comp on CycleToWork which I'm really happy with at the moment. Had my first session up Cwmcarn Twrch trail this week and apart from 2 punctures, I had a blast. Just pulled a giant thorn out of my tyre which caused my first and didn't need to cause my 2nd - lessons learnt ! Forest Of Dean next week.

Comments

• oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Hey there! Welcome to the club! Be prepared to spend a lot of money on your bike over the next few months, it's a highly addictive and expensive hobby!

I ride Cwmcarn also, Nice flowing singletrack really good for developing your riding. I hope you enjoy FoD!
  • Cheers mate. It's funny cos all I been doing is shopping for parts to upgrade when I haven't even got the use out of the ones I have now.

Other than Cwmcarn can you recommend any other places to ride locally. Want to try and get out as much as poss.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    No worries, and yea i know exactly what you mean, I'm always looking at parts I don't need/cannot afford.

It depends where you live. I live in the Caldicot area and ride a place called Slade Woods which is in Rogiet. Has a few decent trails and real fast tracks. Not sure if you live anywhere near there but that's where i do most of my local riding. There are also lots of easy fun trails in Wentwood, you can follow designated paths of just make your own. Your best bet is literally just go to the nearest woods/bunch of trees near you and see if there is a ride worthy track. That's my favourite way of riding, it's all about just getting on the bike and exploring!