The Canyon bikes thread

Comments

• Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Torque FRX 6.0 landed today and it is quite possibly the first to land in the UK, check sig for pics...another stunning bike from Canyon...cannot wait to ride it.
  • Imperton
    Imperton Posts: 9
    How big tires can you put on the XC frame? Can you get 2.4 on it like the AM?
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    My Reverb packed up today, emailed Cullen to ask what I need to do as its covered under warranty. That's the problem with droppers, once they won't stay up you're stuffed.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    poppit wrote:
    My Reverb packed up today, emailed Cullen to ask what I need to do as its covered under warranty. That's the problem with droppers, once they won't stay up you're stuffed.
    How long did it last? Mine has developed a bit of side to side movement.

Canyon seem to get SRAM warranties turned around within a week. They certainly did with my Elixirs.
  • poppit
    Woody80 wrote:
    poppit wrote:
    How long did it last? Mine has developed a bit of side to side movement.

Canyon seem to get SRAM warranties turned around within a week. They certainly did with my Elixirs.

About a year but I didn't ride it much in the winter. My LBS thinks it's a seal that's gone, you can hear squelching when it goes down, almost as if the oil and air are mixing, it won't hold any air pressure anyway. Luckily I've got a 30.9 post so I've put that in for the time being, I'll miss the dropper though.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • tuffer
    tuffer Posts: 2
    poppit wrote:
    I've just bought a Strive ES 8 and a Nerve XC 7W. Both out until a month plus delivery but I can wait :D

Be interested to see what your other half thinks of the Nerve, there are very few female perspectives of the Canyon range on here.
    My wife has the XC 8.0W and loves it, nothing to compare it against as her last bike was a 15 year old Cannondale :D I have the XC 9.0 though and they are both great bikes. Looking to add a Torque FRX to the stable so that I can have a go at some uplift days.
  • webby_1805
    webby_1805 Posts: 56
    poppit wrote:

Funny that i'm having a problem with mine but think it may need bleeding which i have no ida what to do :oops:
    2012 Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x (MTB)
    2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Road)
  • Painey
    Painey Posts: 23
    Update on my Canyon Nerve AM 9.0x

It seems there's some kind of fault with the paint on the top tube. I've emailed Canyon about it with some pictures to see what they suggest. It looks like a section has turned into a flaky looking snakeskin. It's not coming off but certainly shouldn't be like it is and nothing has touched the paint to cause this.

Waiting to see what they say but it continues to be a top notch bike. Rode it around North Wales last weekend, Coed Y Brenin & Llandegla. Couldn't fault it for that type of terrain. Absolutely love the Hans Dampf tyres it comes with too, perfect for those places but a bit much for the South Downs/Surrey Hills.

Cheers
  • I've just bought a Canyon lid. Does that count? Excel in case anyone was wondering....?
  • Im after a new headset but cant find any that fit :/ Help please !
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    Santa Cruz 5010 CC
    YT Tues CF Comp
    Race for Burgtec
  • mattjevans
    mattjevans Posts: 253
    Nerve AM 6.0 arrived yesterday. Bought a medium as was on the verge. Was a bit nervous upon arrival as it does look large. But on the first ride seatpost went up - and up - and up - M was definitely the right call.

Will be changing stem to shorter/higher. Otherwise seems fantastic so far, most impressed
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    I've just bought a Canyon lid. Does that count? Excel in case anyone was wondering....?
    different company :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • steve_muzzy
    steve_muzzy Posts: 259
    I jut bought a strive, can't wait and the last one in glacier in medium size
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    Which one did you buy? I've got an ES9 and it's awesome!
  • steve_muzzy
    steve_muzzy Posts: 259
    Woody80 wrote:
    Which one did you buy? I've got an ES9 and it's awesome!

Just the seven, hard enough telling the mrs where our 2 grand went lol
  • webby_1805
    webby_1805 Posts: 56
    Does anyone know where you can get a cap for the front forks? As I've lost mine :(
    2012 Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x (MTB)
    2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Road)
  • poppit
    FYI, the AM 8 wins a test in this months MBR.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    What are the payment options to buy a canyon. I can see that there is pre-payment and Credit Card.

Could someone please explain what the pre-payment involves and whether I can use a Debit Card to buy it?

Cheers
  • miguel73
    miguel73 Posts: 28
    Direct from there website...

"If your bike is available within the next three weeks, shortly after being sent an automatic order confirmation you will receive a pre-payment invoice. In order to expedite a smooth processing of your order, please remit payment stating your customer and order number at least seven working days prior to the advised delivery date of your bike. As soon as payment has been received, your bike will be made ready for despatch as quickly as possible. If you have chosen a bike with a delivery date which exceeds three weeks, you will receive an order confirmation immediately upon receipt of your order, and around three weeks before the scheduled delivery date a separate pre-payment invoice. After you have received your invoice then please proceed as described above"

Not sure about payment by debit card though.
  • compo
    Aye, seen that but could be good if its explained in layman's terms.

If anyone has any experience that'd be good?
  • chez_m356
    compo wrote:
    What are the payment options to buy a canyon. I can see that there is pre-payment and Credit Card.

Could someone please explain what the pre-payment involves and whether I can use a Debit Card to buy it?

Cheers
    pre-payment, basically means a bank transfer, not too sure about debit cards, i couldn't use mine so had to go the bank transfer way, which you will be charged for, if your card has a visa symbol on it i think its ok ? easiest way to make sure, give canyon uk a call and ask them
  • compo
    okay, thank you Chez

That makes it sounds a lot easier
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I used a Visa debit card to buy mine. Payment wouldnt go through at first had to ring the bank and explain that I wasnt an Al Queda terrorist trying to launder drug money. When I told them I was buying a bike and gave them the details they authorised the payment.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • swelsbyuk
    swelsbyuk Posts: 421
    I am just about to order my second Canyon and notice that they are offering the Spank Spike flat pedals for £69 if bought with the bike. Everywhere else these pedals are around £100. As I will need to buy pedals anyway I am thinking of giving these a go - has anyone else tried them?

BTW - can recommend the Canyon cap and socks!!
  • compo
    Got my Dad to use his credit card for me in the end so no worries in that department. I went for a Nerve XC 7 in the end, in the Forest Green; I always thought they were in the Conference South...

Ordered it last Monday, UPS tracker says it is due this coming Monday. Have to go and get my pedals and a spanner now. I'm guessing that Canyon doesn't send a pedal spanner too?
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I'm just about to order a Nerve AM 7.0, when I can decide on the colour.
  • morleyman200
    morleyman200 Posts: 513
    Where can you find dealers of canyon bikes, or can you only buy them online?
  • chez_m356
    mcnultycop wrote:
    Only online.
    unless you fancy a trip to Koblenz Germany :wink:Canyon_Home.jpg
  • stubs wrote:
    Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 in black.

Loving it apart from the DT Swiss rims which are a bit soft and after 300 miles had 2 dings in the front rim and 4 in the rear.

Swapped the DT rims for some Mavic XM719 rims using new DT spokes. Tried out the new rims by smashing them over every rock and pothole I could find and no dings.

I'm having same problem, thinking of changing the rims ( i have nerve xc 7.0) Mavic XM 719's best choice?