Anyone using the Deda Vincente stem ?

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited June 2012 in Road buying advice
Does anyone have any experience of the Deda Vincente stem, it looks good, but what's it like on the bike ?
Cheers...........

http://www.dedaelementi.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_additional_images2.tpl&product_id=67&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=89&lang=en

VINCENTE_4d492f2399039.jpg
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    What's it like on the bike? I would say it's black and carbon fibery looking, with a couple of nice red stripes and some white to accentuate it all.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,178
    A stem is a stem, it does not add or subtract anything to the performance. The weight saving is irrelevant and as an upgrade is a waste of money. Carbon ones in particular need to be torqued correctly, which can be a right pain if you have to do it on the road.
    My advice, stay away from it and keep your alloy one
    left the forum March 2023
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Ok, I'll rephrase my question:

Does anyone have any experience of the Deda Vincente stem, it looks good, but what's it like on the bike ?
    :roll:

The reason I ask is that it has a very different fixing system, so clearly, a stem isn't just a stem. Of course a stem can effect performance. If it's flexy, it'll affect handling, if it's over built it can be harsh.

It's not an upgrade if I'm building a bike and don't have a stem at the moment.

It's slightly heavier than an alloy stem, but seems lighter than a lot of other carbon stems, despite the additional clamping arrangement, so does this translate to a flexy stem ?
    What's this fixing system like ? Is the locking ring as clunky as it looks in the pic ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I am liking the look of that.

Now, if they could do a silver alloy version, to fit 1" and keep it slender.......... 8)

(The ugliest thing about my bike is undoubtably the stem :cry: )
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    The Deda Zero 1 stem is the tops and it's mega cheap, stiff and light...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach