Loosing my trust in Strava.

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
So I've tried to get on with Strava, I've tried so hard, I've always tried to keep my faith in Strava, but she's just not right.

Strava's always disagreeing with Garmin, even more so with Android, it's like an ugly threesome, they never come to the same conclusion, never, I'm thinking I need to divorce Strava.

I need some relationship advice thanks.

Comments

• slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    Are you uploading the .GPX file from your Garmin, or using the iPhone app?
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    one thing that's for sure...your altitude readings for the ride out to your TT yesterday are way out! The whole ride out through southern Manchester was lower than sea level with an amazing 13% hill appearing out of nowhere to take you up 95 m in 0.72 km!

Are you giving your Garmin/Phone time to acquire a good signal before you start riding? The longer the better but at least 3 minutes to allow things to settle down. Also when you use your phone, where is it? In your jersey pocket? Do you know where the GPS antenna is in your phone and does it have a clear view of the sky? In a jersey pocket, your body will act as a good shield resulting in a poor GPS signal.
  • willhub
    This is how dodgy Strava is.

My moving average was 19.8 and not 17.0

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/183848697
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Did you use a lift for that section about an hour in? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • willhub
    daviesee wrote:
    Did you use a lift for that section about an hour in? :wink:

No, I did a bunny hop.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    willhub wrote:
    This is how dodgy Strava is.

My moving average was 19.8 and not 17.0

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/183848697

Strava always seems to undercut my moving average -> I guess its because the GPS takes longer to recognize that you've stopped than a traditional cycle computer?

It did mean that i was quite happy when i found out.. because I'm not as slow as a thought I was! :mrgreen:
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Silence, infidel.

Strava is the only truth in a world of lies. It can't be wrong.