In non-cycling news...

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2012 in Pro race
I have won a place at the England football squad golf day tomorrow.

Expect it'll be 3 plus a player/coach in each group, hope I avoid T*rry. Will aim to bore whoever it is with talk of the Giro...

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Are you kind of a big deal then?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Since this was a light hearted non pro-race thread I thought I'd use the opportunity to post this, which sort of made me smile. It's about Barry Bonds, surely the most obviously steroid enhanced Baseball player ever.

The link,
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... Stories%29

A quote
    "The 47-year-old Major League Baseball home run king, looking especially lean at about 212 pounds (96 kilograms) from his new love for cycling, also spent a stint in the broadcast booth during San Francisco's 4-2 win over Arizona."
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    I have won a place at the England football squad golf day tomorrow.

Expect it'll be 3 plus a player/coach in each group, hope I avoid T*rry. Will aim to bore whoever it is with talk of the Giro...

Golf and football. I'd rather be at work.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,599
    That sounds cool, make sure you give us a report.

If you get Phil Jagielka tell him from me his goal against Leeds is the best one I've ever seen at Bramall Lane
  • Anonymous
    That sounds cool, make sure you give us a report.

If you get Phil Jagielka tell him from me his goal against Leeds is the best one I've ever seen at Bramall Lane

Played with Jagielka & Phil Jones. Jones was a good lad and Jags is a top man.

Was a really good day, v lucky to have experienced it. And I managed to avoid speaking to that tw*t John Terry.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,599
    But did you tell him? ;)

"Some bloke off this cycling forum what I'm on says...."
  • Anonymous
    But did you tell him? ;)

"Some bloke off this cycling forum what I'm on says...."
    No, cos you poasted the message after I'd played golf.
    I might have mentioned it if i'd seen it - didn't talk about football at all (I love football but realise football ppl just have stock answers and never really give any insights).

Jags was a top man and a decent-ish golfer (but putted awfully, borrowed clubs)
    Phil Jones is a kid, but was a decent lad.
    Roy Hodgson will never play Gerrard behind a front man, needs too much receiving ball with back to goal which isn't his strength.

I won longest drive, took the prize from Joe Hart :)

Best of all, I avoided speaking to John Terry