magical 2,000 miles

coopsman1
coopsman1 Posts: 337
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Well I checked my computer after getting home from work today and just found out I have done 2,001 miles. After thinking about, it I only bought the Polar CS500 back in September along with my first road bike (Specialized Allez triple). I have to say I am quite proud of myself and started to think about my achievments so far in the past 9 months;

1) Cycled 80 miles for charity (Bath to Bournemouth)
2) Cycled 96 miles in prep for the charity bike ride (Got lost on the Avon cyclepath :roll: )
3)lost 5Kgs

Now I have my eyes on the 100 mile cycle, although admitably I wish I carried on for another 4 miles when I got lost during the 96 miles. I was annoyed,tired and just wanted to get home. Still it leaves me with something to chase now :D

Anyway thats it, I just wanted to share my joy and see if there was anyone else that has goals set or is proud of their achievements in the last 12 months.

Comments

• Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Congratulations!

Nice that you still have the century to get - something to shoot for. Good luck.
  • BobScarle
    BobScarle Posts: 282
    Well done indeed. 2000 miles in about 9 months is certainly something to be proud of. And at least two good rides in there as well.

I do set myself a target at the start of each year, 2200 miles for this one. And yes, I always celebrate my achievements no matter how small or insignificant they might appear to anybody else. As an example, I walked around with a massive grin on my face for a few days last month when I managed to climb Dovers Hill in the Cotswolds.

Keep it going and keep celebrating but more than that, keep enjoying.
  • rob21
    rob21 Posts: 284
    Cycled 80 miles for charity (Bath to Bournemouth)
    im doing that ride this September, and i cant wait :D
  • sancho1983
    sancho1983 Posts: 76
    I'm trying to cycle 1000 this year. I've had my bike 3 weeks and done 110. I think it will be possible for me, but whether I can keep up the effort is another matter...
  • Well done grats on the miles.
  • coopsman1
    coopsman1 Posts: 337
    Thanks for the encouragement all.

I am determined to hit that 100 miler by the end of summer. I have another charity ride in July from Bristol to Oxford (72 miles). Really looking forward to it and I have pursuaded a mate to join me this time.

Sancho1983 - Well done for doing 110 miles in 3 weeks, keep up the effort and at that rate you would have done 1,776 miles in a year. Well above you target :)
  • Sicario
    Sicario Posts: 25
    I am looking to do 100 miler as well.

So far my biggest ride is 33 miles but this is on a mountain bike. I am looking to purchase a road bike this weekend!

In the 80 days of bike riding (incl using Strava) I've done 469 miles over 76 rides.

Next step is from Southend to London and back (approx 80 miles) then I'll push for 100 miles.
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Thats a great achievement in such little time. Think I did around 1500 last year. This year will be closer to 3000 as I'm commuting by bike everyday now.

My main goal this year is a charity ride, 200 miles in 1 day, from Edinburgh to Newcastle. Furthest I've done so far in prep is 85 solo. Will be doing 100-110 this Saturday as the ride is in 7 weeks or so. Scary.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • sancho1983
    sancho1983 Posts: 76
    coopsman1 wrote:
    Thanks for the encouragement all.

I am determined to hit that 100 miler by the end of summer. I have another charity ride in July from Bristol to Oxford (72 miles). Really looking forward to it and I have pursuaded a mate to join me this time.

Sancho1983 - Well done for doing 110 miles in 3 weeks, keep up the effort and at that rate you would have done 1,776 miles in a year. Well above you target :)

Thanks - my only problem is that I think some of those weeks it will be cold and miserable :lol:

2,000 miles is a seriously long way. I only drive about 3,000 per year.