Saris Bones 3

brettjmcc
brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
edited May 2012 in Road buying advice
Morning all - the latest Go Outdoors mailshot has just popped thrugh my door this morning. Thoght I'd give people a heads up that they have the Bones 3 down to £99.99.

However, they have an extra 20% on cycling stuff next Tuesday (5th), so that would make it £80 (though you need one of their cards). I think that's a bit cheaper than anywhere else.
BMC GF01
Quintana Roo Cd01
Project High End Hack
Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
I like Carbon

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    brettjmcc wrote:
    Morning all - the latest Go Outdoors mailshot has just popped thrugh my door this morning. Thoght I'd give people a heads up that they have the Bones 3 down to £99.99.

However, they have an extra 20% on cycling stuff next Tuesday (5th), so that would make it £80 (though you need one of their cards). I think that's a bit cheaper than anywhere else.

Good man Brett

So how do you get the 20% off and are you sure it includes racks? I don't have a go outdoors card and no store nearby.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Just make sure that the rack fits your car. I was about to get one until I checked their webiste.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • brettjmcc
    Pete,
    They can deliver. I think you can signup to the card (it's a fiver I think) and as it's over £70 it would be free delivery. (we got our family tent sent that way)

If you need the extra voucher, I can scan it for you :) You may want to call and get confirmation that it will 20% on top of the £99.99 on Tues 5th.

Rack is here if you need to check it: http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/bones-3-bike-p155139
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon
  • petemadoc
    brettjmcc wrote:
    Pete,
    They can deliver. I think you can signup to the card (it's a fiver I think) and as it's over £70 it would be free delivery. (we got our family tent sent that way)

If you need the extra voucher, I can scan it for you :) You may want to call and get confirmation that it will 20% on top of the £99.99 on Tues 5th.

Rack is here if you need to check it: http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/bones-3-bike-p155139

Did you get a mailshot about the 20% off? I'll give them a ring and see.
  • brettjmcc
    Here you go, working at home today has it's benefits :)

7286345130_3bc5bdaf13.jpg
    gooutdoors1 by Brett-GT40, on Flickr
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon
  • petemadoc
    Cracking deal but it looks like an in-store thing as does the discount card.

still at £100 it's the best I can find online so I might just pull the trigger anyways.

Thanks again for the heads up.
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    A search brought me to this thread...

Will Saris Bones 3 fit a normal saloon car (with a standard boot), or will I have to go with a Sentinel by Saris?
    I also read a review that said it would not work well with oversized tube bikes...Your thoughts?
  • fits ok on a saloon car i have one for my bmw 1 series coupe and its fine i also use it on the misses 5 series saloon
    i have a board man team road and MTB and they fit perfectly fine :D
    Trek Madone 5.9 2012
    Cboardman Team 2011