New helmet anyone?

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited June 2012 in The Crudcatcher

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    That is pretty damned neat. A far cry from the CNC machines I struggled with years ago!
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    Very cool

I think they used to make the S-Class Mercedes like that too.... :)
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    leaflite wrote:
    If hope made helmets...
    It's machined out of aluminium, not cheese.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    cooldad wrote:
    leaflite wrote:
    If hope made helmets...
    It's machined out of aluminium, not cheese.

:lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Impressive stuff, but not much use for that unless Robocop wants to go downhilling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    Wowzers...
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Very cool, I want one for my living room!
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    I'm a Cnc engineer and this is unreal! Defo going to be shown at work! Makes my work look like a blue Peter joby!
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    thats actually cooler than a cucumber
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 807&type=3

More fun when CNC programs go wrong though.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Nice vid.

Our CNCs often get used for customer demos by DMG. A few years back we had an excess of little Elle McPherson torsos scattered around the building! Quite shapely they were too! But there was evidence of tool chatter around the camal-toe region. Not as complex as that lid though (although we've had a couple of customer parts tht have come close).

Despite not working on them personally, I could stand and watch them hork out material for hours if I had the time.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i chose to be a machinist as my class one trade and always loved programing cnc (but not as much as i enjoyed regular milling and turning) i reckon my instructors would have wet their pants at that video.