grips

cameronb
cameronb Posts: 102
edited May 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
ive got some grips to replace the stock ones on my bike but theyre about half an inch longer than the space between the levers and end of the bar, theyre locking ones and end caps dont fit with the bars, if i move the brake lever and shifters down about 1/4 inch each, will i need to do re set the gears, i know it wont make a difference to the brakes because theyre hydraulic but just thinking it will change the tension on the cable if i move the shifter?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Just move the controls down the bars, you will not have to adjust anything.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    No.

Loosen off allen bolts, move levers and shifters, tighten back up. No readjustment needed.
  • cameronb
    ok nice one, forgot to ask will the remote lockout be the same aswell?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Yes, it'll all be exactly the same.

Nothing will change from moving the controls along the bar. Thinking about it, if it did then you'd change gear everytime you turned the bars. :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • cameronb
    haha never thought of it like that, its just made me feel 3 years old :)
  • bikaholic
    bikaholic Posts: 350
    If the end plugs are of the plastic type:

endplug.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    bikaholic wrote:
    If the end plugs are of the plastic type:

endplug.jpg
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    OP said the end caps don't fit in the bars.

THe OP writes like a tard, so it's quite difficult to make out what he's actually saying.

The mind boggles how anyone could actually think moving the shifter or brake would actually effect the running - what does he think the cables are there for???
  • bikaholic
    bikaholic Posts: 350
    cooldad wrote:
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????[/quote]

lockon_grip.jpg

As cameronb explained above.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    THe OP writes like a tard, so it's quite difficult to make out what he's actually saying.

If by 'writes like a tard' you mean he missed a couple of capital letters out then yes but otherwise I think it was a fairly straight forward and clear question. What part of 'if i move the brake lever and shifters down about 1/4 inch each, will i need to do re set the gears' did you have trouble understanding and I will do my best to explain the question to you, a bit slower maybe.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Nope - was pointing out to CD what the OP was asking to have given bikeaholic the reason to post his picture.

No, I mean by the fact it is one sentence and commas appear to have been used to separate the questions.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nope - was pointing out to CD what the OP was asking to have given bikeaholic the reason to post his picture.

No, I mean by the fact it is one sentence and commas appear to have been used to separate the questions.
    Obviously this is difficult to understand
    cameronb wrote:
    ive got some grips to replace the stock ones on my bike but theyre about half an inch longer than the space between the levers and end of the bar,
    Obviously
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cameronb
    Haha, I can write properly but was typing it ony my phone and sometimes capital letters and full stops seem like too much effort. Lets hope that chunkers1980 doesnt ever have to ask a question on something he knows nothing about, or uses incorrect grammar.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    THe OP writes like a tard,
    That's arguable. your answering like a tard however, is not :lol: