Merida Ride 91

liquor box
liquor box Posts: 184
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
009.jpg
Not a million dollar job, but it works.
My ride was purchased in August 2011 after many years of wanting to get back into riding, I raced track when I was about 10years old and I had rarely ridden since I was 16, so it was a 16 year wait and well worth it. So far i have lost about 25kg and have about 3kg to hit my target of 70kg.
I have really only changed the tyres (wish I did it earlier) and have just changed the chain.
It is not the lightest bike on the road but it is very good to ride and I am very happy with it, and this is the most important thing, I still stare at it hung up on the wall and always feel happy to be riding it, and this is what is important.
I have thoguht of building a carbon bike, or just buying a carbon bike but think I will keep my frame and just upgrade the groupo.

Speeds 18
Size-47cm
Color-Anthracite(white)
Fork-Road CF-S
Derailleur front-Shimano Sora 34.9 Double
Derailleur rear-Shimano Sora SS
Shifters-Shimano Sora-2 / Sora-9
Brake levers-attached
Brakes-Shimano Sora
Chainwheel-Shimano Sora 50-34
Hubs-Shimano 2200
Rims-Alex Race24-White-NC
Freewheel-Shimano CS-HG50-9 11-25
Spokes-Black stainless-S
Tires-Maxxis Refuse 700x23c Road bike training tyres in Blue
Handlebar-FSA Vero Compact OS
Stem-X-Mission Comp Lite CEN OS -8°
Headset-M10 Neck
Seatpost-XM Comp D SB15 27.2
Saddle-X-Mission Side-2
Pedals-Shimano SPD-SL R540
Polar CS-200

I love the feel of the ride, I am building a track bike too and think I will go with the same seast, bars and stem as I like the look and feel of them.

Comments

• liquor box
    017.jpg
    016.jpg
    015.jpg
    014.jpg
    013.jpg
    012-1.jpg
    004.jpg
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Nice looking bike and good to see something different in colour scheme from the plethora of black and red bikes :D

Most important thing is you enjoy your ride.

Interesting place you've placed the cadence sensor though? Why not on the chainstay?
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • liquor box
    ALaPlage wrote:

Interesting place you've placed the cadence sensor though? Why not on the chainstay?
    now you have me worried!

I thought I did it as per the instructions, I will revisit the instruction manual. From memory it was to be within the required distance to the head unit
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Should still work on the chainstay. One thing you can do is buy a neodymium magnet (rare earth) from ebay for not very much - they are far, far more powerful than the standard ones. You can then let it use its own magnetism to hold it onto the pedal spindle inside the left crank arm and it will have enough power to talk to the sensor without any criticality of positioning. It looks far neater than stuff wrapped around the crank arm!

Also, most folk would suggest you mount the speed sensor on the leading edge of the fork - the theory being that if it gets knocked into a spoke from the trailing side it could cause all sorts of mischief and death whereas on the leading side it would just be pushed away from the spokes.

It seems an unlikely scenario but one where there isn't really any point in not following it.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • liquor box
    Rolf F wrote:
    Should still work on the chainstay. One thing you can do is buy a neodymium magnet (rare earth) from ebay for not very much - they are far, far more powerful than the standard ones. You can then let it use its own magnetism to hold it onto the pedal spindle inside the left crank arm and it will have enough power to talk to the sensor without any criticality of positioning. It looks far neater than stuff wrapped around the crank arm!

Also, most folk would suggest you mount the speed sensor on the leading edge of the fork - the theory being that if it gets knocked into a spoke from the trailing side it could cause all sorts of mischief and death whereas on the leading side it would just be pushed away from the spokes.

It seems an unlikely scenario but one where there isn't really any point in not following it.
    Thanks, will change that asap