New Toy!

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
Picked up this Colnago Active yesterday, was (sadly) the race bike of a deceased clubmate that's been sat in the garage of one of the club elders for 6 months now. Got a bit of money from some un-taken holiday so decided to give it a good home.

file.php?id=49

Aluminium frame with carbon seat stays and front fork, Campag Centaur and Chorus 10sp throughout, Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheels and in a gorgeous, club colours Colnago paint job too.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    That's beautiful!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Very nice, keep it for sunny days.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Very lovely. Something special about Colnago bikes. Really lovely.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • disgruntledgoat
    Thanks guys, it's going to be my best bike, although I am riding it to work this week to give myself a chance to tinker with positions etc.

I've always wanted a Colnago since I started cycling more than a decade a go, and I've finally got one!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • beancounter
    beancounter Posts: 369
    I've always wanted a Colnago since I started cycling more than a decade a go, and I've finally got one!

Welcome to the Colnago Owners Club :)

Hope you enjoy your splendid new bike.

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • disgruntledgoat
    Had my first weekend of riding on it and really pleased. It's amazing the difference a really stiff frame makes. I've been on an Orbea Onix as a "do it all" bike for 3 years now, but really missed the feel of a pure racebred frame. It has that great "on rails" feeling through corners too.

I can't wait for the hill climb season, as this will rocket.

@gietvangent
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Hmmm. I will always regret selling my Colnagos. Best handling bikes in da world. :(

Enjoy it! (Don't ever sell it...)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • May I ask which club? As someone at Verulam Cycling Club has a bike similar but I haven't been for a while there now.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Beautiful. I'm thinking my Summer 2013 project will have to be a Colnago.
  • harrydaisy
    harrydaisy Posts: 131
    Great looking bike. Do you know how old it is?

A colnago with an arte decor paint job is definately my next bike purchase, hopefully some point in the near future.
    Wilier Izoard XP "Petacchi"/ Campag Veloce/ Fulcrum Racing 5
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7/ Campag Xenon
  • disgruntledgoat
    May I ask which club? As someone at Verulam Cycling Club has a bike similar but I haven't been for a while there now.

Johnstone Wheelers, near Glasgow.

I took it into town today to check out my new commute (to my new Dream Job, working on the Commonwealth Games!) and was stopped by a cafe owner to tell me how nice it was, and talk bikes for 20 minutes. Apparently, his cafe hosted the launch of Richard Moore's In Search of Robert Millar.

@Harry Daisy

It's from 2006 I think.

@gietvangent