Clunking noise is driving me mad

Rita
Rita Posts: 186
edited May 2012 in Workshop
Hi all,

I have a clunking noise coming from the front of my bike

It only happens when I'm out of the saddle when climbing.

I have tightened the bearing on my 4 months old Mavic ksyrium elite wheels

Also checked for loose spokes and botton bracket

I have changed the 2 bearings in the heatset as well

Did anyone have this problem or know what the hell is happening, its driving me mad.

The bike is a Full Carbon Ridley Noah with alu bars(cheap bars)

This is a pic of the bike
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/picture.php?albumid=1998&pictureid=11860

Thanks for reading this.

Shane

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    man your just putting to much power down...the bike can't take it !
    I had same problems with my Zipps it was the rim knocking the brake blokes !... getting them checked by the bike shop and spokes tightened helped a bit but I still run them slightly further apart. Having said that my Ksyrium SL's are rock solid...very similar to your wheels. Could try increasing the tension in your skewer as well...thats happened to me before.
    Either that or its cockpit issues; bolts all tight and headset set firm ?
    PS nice bike...very nearly got myself a Noah a few years ago..looks top !
  • Rita
    The things that go through your head when it happens.....that was my next step is to tighten a few skewers, I even thought I had the wheel on the forks to tight....and yes the headset is all firm and tight....thanks for the comment on the bike itself, I really like it(except for the clunking).....not to worry I get it sorted some day.

Cheers
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Have you considered earplugs?
  • Rita
    If you could see my ears, I would need very big earplugs :lol:
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Steerer not done up tight enough ? If you put the front brake on and rock the bike back and forwards does the steerer move ?
  • Rita
    Steerer not done up tight enough ? If you put the front brake on and rock the bike back and forwards does the steerer move ?

No the steerer is solid...today I have greased the headset bearing, spacer under the stem, skewer and drop down end of the forks......i will test it in the morning.... :?