The where's the weather gone Tuesday thread

compo
compo Posts: 1,370
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning folks

couldn't sleep tonight so decided to just get up. Maybe a cheeky early ride?
Not much on today, have to start packing to leave uni for the summer

Comments

• steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Morning window lickers.

Also woke up early due to the dog wanting a pi55. Need a sober up cure and quite quickly. I was drinking on a school night and to be fair, im still leathered! OOps :oops:

Ahh well walk to work again and sleep in my office again!

Laters cretins
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Crabsticks!

Seems a lot cloudier today, which is a shame. Suppose the sun couldn't last forever, it's Blighty remember, it'll be snowing this weekend :lol:
    Not much planned for today. Work has gone very quiet, which is good, but makes me very aware that I'm not doing anything, which is bad. Hmmm Still looking for another job though.

Anywho, more tea.
    Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

I for one am glad the weather is calming it a little, inisde my flat down in London hasn't been lower than 27 deg. for a week now, on Sunday afternoons my room managed to reach a whopping 29.5...

Today will mostly be uni revision meh, just off in there now. I imagine I'll get bored at some point and end up on here for half the day :roll:

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' ear-touchers

Work m'eh. The usual,

Onwards! etc

Carry on.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Much cooler last night so managed to get some good sleep. A bit overcast this morning so quite nice on the ride in this morning.

Usual work stuff to contend with and no plans for tonight so I may just get a quick hour or two on the bike.

Laters......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Morning

Great ride in to work, so happy today. Now into work that will reverse that.

Matthew
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs

What is it with you lot and not sleeping? No problems here even though it's still hot and sunny.

Today will be workmeh, but I've got to take a trip out to Aldeburgh in a bit so may just have to walk along the sea front. Will also be deciding on whether to buy another planet-x superlight team frame as I found the head tube has cracked on mine, probably when I put the big dent in the top tube. Either that or a pro carbon on cyclescheme, but since they don't do blue the other half may notice.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Ordering a new bike today but still undecided weather to go 29er or not. Other than that there will be work meh and do gooder meh from a team of people who don't know what we need.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    oodboo wrote:
    Ordering a new bike today but still undecided weather to go 29er or not. Other than that there will be work meh and do gooder meh from a team of people who don't know what we need.

Haven't you heard 29ers are so last year? You need to get a 650B if you want to keep up with the pro's.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • oodboo
    I have no aspirations of keeping up with the pros.

Strava
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Cockjanglers
    Slept like ditch dweller last night, which is great but i dont remember a conversation that was had with one of my staff who called at about 2is :?
    today i am writing on a few different white boards and planning my attack, Grr.

I dont want to be at work today as its No2's 2nd birthday and she's got a new scooter and pads etc to play on, i wanna play!
    so as soon as i can finish this rubbish i'm off. then going for a ride tonight 8)

Had porridge fail this morning, NO DRIED FRUIT!!! :twisted:

Anway onwards to caffine fuelled planning!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    oodboo wrote:
    29er FTW :D
    HT or FS?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I know the Crud is full of perverts but this is a bit much really :P

Morning Muff Hunters and Huntees,

No such problems sleeping so I'm feeling very awake after a big coffee. Off up into town for a free lunch with someone who could get me some good job-related connections so it's a good day so far :) After that I'll be doing more sitting in the garden to recover from such a hard day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    What is it with you lot and not sleeping?

I'll join the long list... We had some gobby little cu nts outside last night arguing with their mum on the phone. It went on for about 20mins before I had to go and tell her to STFU and go elsewhere. Then the neighbour had their radio playing on volume 1million this morning......phff. shite night!

I feel a house move coming on!

M'ning, [rant over]

A day of menial tasks in the office today. I've got to work a stand at the bath and west show on Thursday so no doubt I’ll be preparing for that too! :roll:

> MORE TEAAAA
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • oodboo
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    oodboo wrote:
    HT or FS?

Hardtail. I'll post it on the I have just orders thread when the deed is done.

Strava
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Morning muffmunchers!

Today is the uni MTB clubs end of year ride-out to nant y arian, should be epic fun, and frankly I'm glad the weathers a bit cooler today, those climbs are right bastards but the trails should be dry so its pretty much perfect over there today :mrgreen: First ride over here on the HD in months, it feels somewhat wasted back home :lol:

Off to the pub on the way back should be a cracking day, unlucky those who have work/school etc etc :P

anywayyyss, laters bumders!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    blah blah overlept blah blah workmeh blah blah convening exams blah blah gym blah blah Asda blah blah bed.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Mornin scuttlers,

didnt take much rocking last night, out like a light. work is work, getting a bit hectic as it always does the week before a shutdown, will we never learn :roll:

Still, bloke is coming to pick up Rocky tonight so i can replenish some of the funds spent on the Soul, happy days :)
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Clear skies and sunny south (and a bit) of the river.

New chain guide to test so trails to hit later.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Anyone glad about the cooling weather, blugh to you.....

Ditch, head backwards with a DNA sample so people can reward me for my good service :P

But hola all, I got my bike in the car for after work to head off into them there mountains, woop!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Mornin'.
    Lovely day here, weather is just right. Had a nice spin into work, apart from nearly having a head-on with a car.
    Today shall be spent fixinf things, and trying to find components to fix other things.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning here, unfortunately the weather is lovely here too, unfortunate as I have over 10 hours of work today in this, I spose it means I get ten hours of letching too at passengers, but still, I'd rather letch on my own watch.

Following this up will be some gym miles and some lifting and pushing of heavy things.

tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all (just)

busy morning today and for some reason i'm really tired :? my bike should hopefully be built today and i can get out for a ride with the guys from the club tonight - there's about 15 of them out tonight riding my local trail so i'll be gutted if i can't join them as they'll literally ride past my house :(

ah well, lunch time now - a tin of cumberland sausage soup awaits me :roll:

laters
  • Thewaylander
    welshkev wrote:
    morning all (just)

busy morning today and for some reason i'm really tired :? my bike should hopefully be built today and i can get out for a ride with the guys from the club tonight - there's about 15 of them out tonight riding my local trail so i'll be gutted if i can't join them as they'll literally ride past my house :(

laters

Oooo which trail?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    welshkev wrote:
    morning all (just)

laters

Oooo which trail?

none for me now, my bike won't be ready :cry:

but they're all meeting in pontypool leisure centre car park at 6 for a 6.15 start if you want to join them mate
  • Thewaylander
    Just a local loop at cwm here, should join up with the bike club thingy i guess at some point.

Though my riding buddy at work has just dropped out to keep his wife happy annoying.. i say sell her and hte kid make a few bucks.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Best thing about selling your wife, is you can keep selling her over and over again, several times a night.
  • VWsurfbum
    One of my mates phoned earlier, he's got me a ticket for the MTB lycraboys race at the Olympics. Controversial i know but hey its not far from me. and i know blah blah, its flat, blah blah, not technical blah blah. I dont care, i'm going!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Best thing about selling your wife, is you can keep selling her over and over again, several times a night.

Works for me! Ive made a mint since doing that! Although her minge is now like an old welly :shock:
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • sloppycowpat
    sloppycowpat Posts: 349
    morn'n (for me), bah need more sleeps and have my first ever night shift tonight Oh joy :?
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!