Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    It's normal for cycling shoes to come without cleats.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Yeah, cleats come with pedals, not shoes.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Yeah, I'd forgotten. Not really moaning, the shoes are great and Wiggles delivery was very fast..... but..
    The older I get the faster I was
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Hugely overpriced at RRP but this now seems like a decent price.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/milani-sl227-full-carbon-2010/
    Carbon and Ultegra group with Mavic R-Sys wheelset for £2000

Wheelset alone goes for around £1200, so that'd be like finding a decent bike with Ultegra but meh wheels for a grand?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    dhope wrote:
    Hugely overpriced at RRP but this now seems like a decent price.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/milani-sl227-full-carbon-2010/
    Carbon and Ultegra group with Mavic R-Sys wheelset for £2000

Wheelset alone goes for around £1200, so that'd be like finding a decent bike with Ultegra but meh wheels for a grand?

Does seem just a tad pricey at rrp. Like the idea that a supposed 5k bike has the what appears to be the same slightly dodgy San Marco Ponza as my Ribble came with! :lol:

Only large left but at least not extra small or extra large!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Shame the rest of the kit on that Milani isn't commensurate with the wheelset.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    The ultegra looks like 6600 so I'd imagine the wheels are an older model too!
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    @Willy b: Nice
    @Whitebait 01: Shame

Mine are now Seal Sealing in Shanghai so will hopefully be here soon.

I know, I am disappoint.

If it's any use, my tracking info didn't change after telling me it was seal sealing. Just turned up.
    OK, the seal sealed on Friday. How long did it take after that?

Seal sealed on 14/05. Turned up 21/05. RMAed as soon as I take a pic of the wonkyness. I wonder if they'll make me post 'em back or just chuck another pair in the post for me?
    First set arrived at some point over the last few days. Slightly unfortunately they're the black and red ones, but hey, I'm not that disappointed. Seem pretty good, though the grey lenses don't have the vents in them. Yellow ones do but look pretty cheap. 2 spare nose pieces, bag, lens cloth, case and cord included. The fit is slightly loose for sports glasses, but will be fine over helmet straps. Just noticed that one of the rubber grips has LIVESTRONG on the inside of it! For £11 though, no complaints. Just need the white ones now.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • whitebait01
    whitebait01 Posts: 610
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    @Willy b: Nice
    @Whitebait 01: Shame

Mine are now Seal Sealing in Shanghai so will hopefully be here soon.

I know, I am disappoint.

If it's any use, my tracking info didn't change after telling me it was seal sealing. Just turned up.
    OK, the seal sealed on Friday. How long did it take after that?

Seal sealed on 14/05. Turned up 21/05. RMAed as soon as I take a pic of the wonkyness. I wonder if they'll make me post 'em back or just chuck another pair in the post for me?
    First set arrived at some point over the last few days. Slightly unfortunately they're the black and red ones, but hey, I'm not that disappointed. Seem pretty good, though the grey lenses don't have the vents in them. Yellow ones do but look pretty cheap. 2 spare nose pieces, bag, lens cloth, case and cord included. The fit is slightly loose for sports glasses, but will be fine over helmet straps. Just noticed that one of the rubber grips has LIVESTRONG on the inside of it! For £11 though, no complaints. Just need the white ones now.

Are they straight or wonky? I've convinced them to give me $8 credit for the wonky ones and just ordered the red and black ones. Hopefully they'll not be wonky too and I'll have a spare case/lenses etc.
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    are tredz / tredz bikes kosher? If so then specialized inner tubes on a 50% off sale atm...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • dhope
    are tredz / tredz bikes kosher? If so then specialized inner tubes on a 50% off sale atm...
    Yep, they're fine
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    @whitebait: They're straight, no issues

@MM: bought from Tredz before, they're all good.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    dhope wrote:
    Yep, they're fine
    They've probably phased out the use of gelatine since the advent of synthetic rubber anyway
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    dhope wrote:
    Yep, they're fine

Except if you ever have to return anything and then you are in a world of hurt.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    http://www.bikeradardailydeals.com/

Is this Royles thing a good deal? Are you paying £10 for just the 20% off code or do you get the £10 voucher as well?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    It looks like you pay £10 to get a 20% off code, so if you're spending £50 or less then don't bother, any more than £50 and you're saving money.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    Is this Royles thing a good deal? Are you paying £10 for just the 20% off code or do you get the £10 voucher as well?

It was a great deal when they first did it (Ergo 2s for £125 including voucher), but they don't seem to have much sale stock left now.
  • pete54
    Pro Lite Braccianos £237 at CRC with voucher.
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Asprilla wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Yep, they're fine

Except if you ever have to return anything and then you are in a world of hurt.
    Got an email from Tredz today - 10% off everything Jubilee bonus with code JUB10... except everything excludes a range of brands including Specialized. Garmin, etc. Yet the ad shows these with 10% off splashed across it... a bit naughty on the advertising I think...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    pete54 wrote:
    Pro Lite Braccianos £237 at CRC with voucher.

How do you get the voucher?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • pete54
    There was £15 off on the homepage this morning, but it seems to have gone now.
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Ribble have offers on Fulcrum Wheels, e.g. Racing 3 @ £320, Racing 5 @ £160 and Racing 7 @ £128 free P&P till Thursday 31st.

Seriously thinking of a set of Racing 5 to replace my Alex ALX-190 on the weekend bike.
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I paid £80 for my racing 7s from Ribble in a Jan sale why are they so expensive now? oh and they are great wheels btw
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:
    I paid £80 for my racing 7s from Ribble in a Jan sale why are they so expensive now?

There's been inflation since the 1940s :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • asprilla
    Sigma have Shimano 7900 C35s for £630 down from £1,300.

Bargilicious.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Asprilla wrote:

Bargilicious.

Can't see that on their website...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • asprilla
    edited June 2012
    Asprilla wrote:

Bargilicious.

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/p/21286/shi ... ont-wheel/
    +
    http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/p/21287/shi ... ear-wheel/
    =
    Win.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • dhope
    Asprilla wrote:

Bargilicious.

Bought separately

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/Products/Pr ... ll/#page-1
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    They're in there as separate front / rear.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    edited June 2012
    For old-school drivetrains Wiggle currently have £5.40 off the RRP of Wippermann Connex 808 8-speed chains (shiny nickel plated jobs with a neat reusable link), now down to £12.59. Already bought one for the coming cyclo-cross season. :)

(Edit: If you've gone to a different retailer and paid full whack for a Connex 808 then it is, invariably, all Wiggle's fault. ;) )

My 808 arrived today complete with 2 packets of Haribo although I'm not a great fan of jelly-based sweets and their passing resemblance to bathroom sealant :(

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal