Pinarello Dogma 2 Bianco

Rich.H
Rich.H Posts: 443
edited March 2013 in Your road bikes
I know there is not always unconditional love for the Dogma but I had an itch that needed scratching, opportunity knocked and here is the result. Back from a Sportive in the Peak District today (100 miles, 3200m climbing) and I am delighted with the way it rides. A lot of the roads today were in a terrible condition but the Dogma seemed to smooth things out a little better than my C59 usually does. Descending on narrow, rough Peak District roads at up to 50 mph is never for the faint hearted but again, the Dogma tracked true and behaved itself really well under braking. I am really pleased with how it performed. After 18 months on my C59, I am going to give the Dogma a good chance to hang around long term but I do plan to end up with just the one bike..... :wink: Anyway, here she is;

IMG_0187.jpg
IMG_0181.jpg

Frame: Pinarello Dogma 2 Bianco 613 53cm
Forks: Pinarello Onda

Shifters: Super Record
Front Mech: Super Record
Rear Mech: Super Record
Crankset: Super Record Ti 50/34
Cassette: Super Record 12-27
Brake Calipers: Super Record
Chain: Campagnolo Record
Cables: Campagnolo

Wheels: Lightweight Standard Gen3
Tire: Vittoria Corsa Evo CX 23 Tubular

Bars: Deda Presa 42cm
Stem: 3T Arx Ltd 120mm
Bar Tape: Deda
Bottle Cages: Arundle Mandible

Saddle: Fizik Antares Braided Carbon
Seat Post: Pinarello
Seat Post Clamp: Pinarello

Pedals: Look Keo Carbon / Ti

Weight: 6.71kg (14.8lbs) as pictured

Cheers

Rich

Comments

• Cornish-J
    Cornish-J Posts: 978
    wow!
  • No dog, clearly. Lots of envy...... but no dog.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Like that lots 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Dribbling... Sorry :oops:

Sooooo nice.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • danridesbikes
    danridesbikes Posts: 170
    thats some itch
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    How does it compare weight wise? I've always read that Dogmas are quite heavy. I know the C59 is pretty light weight, so did you notice any difference in climbs etc?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Oh, forgot to say - nice bike! I'd change the seat post for a 3T Ltd, but I have OCD about matching finishing kits :)
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I love the looks of the dogma; I didn't really used to like them but they've really grown on me -> saw some in the flesh at the Tour Series race in Oxford (one of the teams rides them) and they just look incredible.

I think you've definitely gone for the right colour, they don't look as good in dark colours (eg sky colours)
  • tommo7567
    tommo7567 Posts: 95
    I think you've definitely gone for the right colour, they don't look as good in dark colours (eg sky colours)

I agree, think it looks great like that, loverly bike!! :D
  • beancounter
    beancounter Posts: 369
    First dibs on your C59 please.

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    Rich.H wrote:

Given the rest of the spec would it be fair to say the frameset inc fork was over 2kg?

Enjoy it
  • Rich.H
    How does it compare weight wise? I've always read that Dogmas are quite heavy. I know the C59 is pretty light weight, so did you notice any difference in climbs etc?

C59 in the same spec is 6.62kg / 14.6lbs so I cant say i noticed the extra weight when climbing....its funny how the C59 is thought of as a light bike but the Dogma a heavyweight yet there is little difference.

My son runs a Look 586 and that comes in at 13.9lbs with Super Record and LW's.....

I didnt weigh the frame and forks but would be surprised if they were as much as 2kg?

Rich
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Rich.H wrote:

Given the rest of the spec would it be fair to say the frameset inc fork was over 2kg?

Enjoy it

My Aluminium Giant Defy 1 frame comes in at ~2kg.. if the Dogma does too then they're doing it wrong!
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Stunning. Congratulations.

Funny thing about the Dogma and weight. People continually refer to it and to a point rightly so, but WE all know that rotating weight is where it is at going up, along with the rider. Super light wheels on show and Campy so no issues. I would imagine this thing flies. The asymmetric frame helps it climb but these bikes excel when descending thats for sure. Also, back in 2010 when I was on mine, 115 mile rides felt like half that. I am quite envious. :mrgreen:
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    Rich.H wrote:
    C59 in the same spec is 6.62kg / 14.6lbs so I cant say i noticed the extra weight when climbing....its funny how the C59 is thought of as a light bike but the Dogma a heavyweight yet there is little difference.

My son runs a Look 586 and that comes in at 13.9lbs with Super Record and LW's.....

I wouldn't class the C59 as a featherweight frameset but then you buy them for other reasons like ride quality. There are high end production frames in the 700-800g range, forks 280-300g and from memory the C59 is closer to 1000g excluding fork which is in the 450g range.
    Rich.H wrote:
    I didnt weigh the frame and forks but would be surprised if they were as much as 2kg?

Ok thanks anyway, really nice build though 8)
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    From one Dogma2 owner to another - that looks bloody lovely.

Enjoy!
  • T_Pucker
    T_Pucker Posts: 18
    Love it! What a bike... but why, why, why a compact chainset? Get a 53 and give it plenty!
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Looks great, so good infact that you should sell me your C59 F&F provided its in a 52s or 56 trad :D
  • Rich.H
    Compact chainset suits me best for the type of riding I do - I am sure my legs will thank me on the Passo Giau in just over three weeks time :wink:

Glasgowbhoy - my C59 is indeed a 52s :D.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Rich.H wrote:
    Glasgowbhoy - my C59 is indeed a 52s :D.

Go on pile on the misery, what colour is it. Tell me it's MTBK and tell me when I can have it :lol:

Edit: a quick search shows its GDOB. I hadn't considered that colour scheme before but it does look good.
    Is it really orange or more red can't tell from this work computer with its crap graphics card?
  • Rich.H
    It is GDOB and its a flouro orange and it could be available after July 1st (still debating which bike to use on the Maratona - the shiny new one or the one that fits like a pair of comfy slippers...). Does that help or hinder!?

Seriously, if you are genuinely interested lets have a chat via PM

Rich
  • beancounter
    beancounter Posts: 369

bc

Hey, did this get missed?

Seriously, it's a size too small and I prefer trad to sloping.

But nice colour scheme (though more of the orange would be nicer).

Good luck with the sale.

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I love people getting hung up on the weight of a Dogma, for 99% of us mere mortals the additional few hundred grams of weight in the frame will never be an issue. I would always put ride quality, build quality, stiffness and comfort above weight. Its actually one of the least important performance aspects (within reason) for your average amateur cyclist.

Lovely bike BTW.
  • bails1310
    bails1310 Posts: 361
    I'd look like this every day!

smug-dog.html

One of the nicest bikes I've seen on here IMO. :D
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Lovely stuff.
    Never used to like the Dogma but this has changed my opinion...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Rich.H

bc

Hey, did this get missed?

Seriously, it's a size too small and I prefer trad to sloping.

But nice colour scheme (though more of the orange would be nicer).

Good luck with the sale.

bc

Hi BC - sorry, didnt mean to offend. I am never quite sure what is meant seriously or not. An immediate sale of the C59 was never really on my agenda :shock:

Rich
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    diggin those wheels...
  • Hey!
    I just wanted to ask you whether you have got your bike stolen, because there is a guy on a Danish website that will sell just your bike?

Christian
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    :shock:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Wow very nice. I think I have the same itch, but think it will take me at least a couple of years to scratch it. Can't stop looking at it.