It's too hot to be Mehday?

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning mongs
Meh, weathers great and I will not witness its greatness due to being stuck inside all day.
Meh
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Dipsticks!

Back to work today. Feel surprisingly awake today for some unknown reason. My housemate's had to get up early for work, which I don't like as this time of the morning is my 'me' time. Ah well.

Not much in store that I know of, or hope of. A nice relaxing evening would be my preferred weapon of choice.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Moaning

Another hot day, loving this. Though doing my first triathlon in it yesterday was a killer, in retrospect shouldn't have cycled there and back too as this added 36 miles to the day. Despite drinking 2.5 ltr of fluid still lost half a stone - no wonder I wasn't as quick as I wanted.

Today is taking the kids to their new school then racing into work
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    also back to work today. boo.

it doesn't look bright and sunny out there, strangely enough, this makes me kinda happy.

work had better be slow. nowt else planned.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Should be going home right now but stuck as there's a little fog around.

Training course as soon as I get into Sheffield for the rest of the week

Cycling in the Peaks this weekend what ever the weather.

Oh and got to buy some Apple stuff for No 1 childs' birthday.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' jockeys

Back in work after a fine weekend. No idea what's on the cards, but I guess I'll find out. However, as per usual it starts with coffee, and that suits me just fine, thank you very much.

Currently contemplating what bike to take on the Kaiser Challenge next month. Whether it's the crosser or the mtb, I think I'll swap the knobblies off for something easier rolling!

Onwards! To caffiene! And possibley CRC!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    S'up homos.

Bank Holiday here today, so HA!

Glorious day today, so we're going to go play on the beach in a little bit before watching some more of TT practice week tonight.

Laters
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Cockjanglers,
    I can hardly move my shoulder and my right knee after what i thought was a pretty undamaging OTB moment yesterday.
    Had a real nice weekend, bit of this, bit of that. nice.
    today will be sorting all the teething issues from last weeks mental intergration stuffs i was doing.
    Also got to pop to the shops to get mother a birthday present :? and animals some food :roll:

Laters
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

today is back on the diet day after my weigh in this morning :shock: but nearly 2 weeks off the bike hasn't helped either.

the new WIP is having it's headset fitted today and then i can hopefully get out for a blast later, can't wait :D

nothing much else planned, so onwards to no bacon for me :?

laters
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    goooooooooodddddddddddd mooooooooooooooooorrrrnnnnnniiiiiinnnnnnnnngg crudders !

After a morning of football yesterday, and bbq and beers in the afternoon, i'm currently feeling the after effects, but on a brighter note im home alone today so its a day of a few jobs to be done this am and then nothingness for the rest till dave and the skids get home from school, tho no bacons for me as we ate all of it yesterday so may have to go round the oatcake shop for bacon,cheese and brown sauce x 4.....................
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Morning Benders,

Looks nice outside again so the bike is coming out before it all changes and the rain comes back. Not a lot planned apart from that, feeling lazy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Bonjour Maggots,

Bank holiday here in the land of the frog too! Epic win
    Off to Kell in Germany today to do some odds and ends. Lovely day out again, sun belting down with a forecast high of 26ºC but I just know it'll be hotter than that, as experience has shown.
    Our rental car's front bumper got clipped in the parking bay, so off to get some polish to see if I cannot make the issue go away.. if not, well tough sh¡t, we have a no excess insurance cover anyway..

Anyway, I have a mug of [Tetley] tea awaiting inhalation... ciao and CWNT, enjoy your day off as much as I'll enjoy mine...
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Cracking weekend in and around Coniston. Weather was scorching hot but breeze kept the edge off the heat. Sampled several of the local ales late into the evening before a quick blast down the east side yesterday.

Today is hot again but I'm stuck indoors. Had to drive to work as I need the car for stuff after work.

One coffee, no bacons so I'm off to remedy this situation.

Laters.......
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Mornin' Smeg Heads

Back to work today after a lovely week off. Mate managed to break his arm at Glentress on Saturday so it looks like I shall be riding on my own for the next couple of months unless my other riding buddy is back down from Aberdeen. On the brightside I shall be borrowing my mate's drum kit till he gets out of the plaster
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • Morning bollock flickers,

Currently at home with a messed up back having attempted to move a double mattress without going through a proper warm up procedure. Spending most of my time in a prescription drug haze waiting for it to fix itself so I can get back out riding and then get back to work.

One coffee, 2 cocodamols and 600mg of ibuprofen for breakfast, no bacon in the house (due to an arsey jewish housemate). So, today's pretty meh at the moment, don't even have the motivation to go for a walk.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Hockey mini tournament over the weekend. Had to played out field for a change, went suprisingly well but fecking knackered now. Also managed to take most of the skin off my left hand sliding around on astroturf.

Meh. Revisions resume today. 2 weeks until exam times :roll:

Laters
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Mornin folks.

Most of the people at work have a radioactive red glow to them this morning (including me :oops: ) so they have had a good sunny weekend!

A cup of rosie has been consumed, so not a bad start to the week and counting down to a week off next week, yay! :)
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

4 days of late shifts coming up then a week off, just gotta rattle through the next 4 days

All my bits and pieces are here for Amy now, apart from Amy herself, said 5-8 working days, today is number 6 so hopefully this week. I hope so, Bender is now in bits.

Clank, if its any help, I'm going mtb, but mainly because the other option is a single speed 40lb city bike
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Brilliant weekend sadly over, but 4 day week so can't complain.
    Got a mad busy one at work and home - prepping for the Arran trip.
    Hopefully off to yoga tonight, although not sure how the bruise from saturday will hold up.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Afternooon all,

Preparing for my late shift by being awake all day and enjoying the last of the sun before it rains!

Will mostly be telling the child off during this time and going shopping with better half..

Onwards to lunch!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Clank wrote:
    Currently contemplating what bike to take on the Kaiser Challenge next month. Whether it's the crosser or the mtb, I think I'll swap the knobblies off for something easier rolling!

I don't have such luxury, I've only go the full susser, although I could probably hire one. changing over to slicks does seem like a viable option.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • VWsurfbum
    Clank wrote:

I don't have such luxury, I've only go the full susser, although I could probably hire one. changing over to slicks does seem like a viable option.
    Just chuck some cheap slicks on, were not going to be powering along or racing. remember theres going to be people who dont normally ride a bike :shock:
    I'll be on slicks on a MTB of some description, hopefully if the HT arrives in time to get it ready obviously i'll use that if not Beyonce will be getting ridden harder and longer than ever before!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon ladies and and ladyboys,

Today i have decided to batter anyone who tells, me they wish it wasn't so hot, or that the sun would go away. Otherwise good weekend stroll on the next one hehe.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    It's hot, damn hot, hotter than a snakes ass in a truck rut. - Steve Peat c1994

Back to work after a long weekend and I'm suffering in this heat, just arrived at site 2 to find some barsteward has nicked the fan out of my office. Think I'll be taking a chair and laptop into the server room soon.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Gazlar
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Clank wrote:

Just chuck some cheap slicks on, were not going to be powering along or racing. remember theres going to be people who dont normally ride a bike :shock:
    I'll be on slicks on a MTB of some description, hopefully if the HT arrives in time to get it ready obviously i'll use that if not Beyonce will be getting ridden harder and longer than ever before!

Very much this,and in all honesty, I dint think anything would make this easier really,
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    i think the main issue for us baggy shorts types will be sitting down for that period of time!!!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    i think the main issue for us baggy shorts types will be sitting down for that period of time!!!

Nope, the sitting down thing I have off-pat - practising for years.

Doing it on a bike, however - there's the rub. .......if you pardon the pun!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Just because the baggys leave a bit of up the leg access to your tradesmans doesn't mean I'm going to treat you a new one,
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    :cry:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty