Ffestiniog360

T.C.
T.C. Posts: 495
Just finished this new sportive, very good organisation- yes will give them feedback - signage could have been better - a t-shirt, plaque - food and drink all for £10. hard course espcially in this weather, i would recommend it. it also didn't rain in Blaenau ;-)

Comments

• campagone
    campagone Posts: 270
    I also did this event today and really enjoyed it. Good course, company and weather, value for money and I thought a good turnout for a first time event which I don't think was that widely promoted, I only knew of it as it was in the Daily Post earlier in the month. I don't think I'd class it a sportive as such, no timing chip, number or signposted route, no feedstop though there was water in the control points, which in today's heat was essential.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Posts: 495
    Glad you enjoyed it where you from? fair play with the t shirt and plaque - couple of negatives with signage and the water stop was in a dangerous place - hard route though -reverse route next year maybe?
  • campagone
    campagone Posts: 270
    I'm from Bala, don't know about reversing the route really, I personally didn't think it was too tough, though climing up Llechwedd right at the begining was a bit tough without a good warm up but no way around it and the final climb to Manod was a real sting in the tail, other than that it was pretty normal. Bear in mind if you would reverse the course you would have to go up the Crimea from Dolwyddelan right at the end which wouldn't be nice either.