Spokesman podcast

dodgy
dodgy Posts: 2,890
edited May 2012 in Pro race
New episode out today, Carlton Reid on the panel too which is good (imo).

The American guests are having a right go at Cav, he's too expectant etc. But then conversation changes to TOC one of them says "they need to 'NASCAR' cycle racing. FFS! The US is apparently not getting good TV coverage since Armstrong left, but this guy thinks to 'NASCAR' it is the answer.

Anyone else listen?

http://www.the-spokesmen.com/wordpress/

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    NASCAR cycle race - sounds a bit like the madison :wink:
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Was the chap having a pop at Mr Cavendish the same guy who, earlier in the conversation, was bemoaning the absence of personalities since the retirement of Mr Armstrong? It all seemed a bit run-of-the-mill to be honest. Standard opinions without too much insight. Sorry :(
    The older I get the faster I was
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    I do like the podcast (listening to it now) but that guy is just being a bit pathetic!

A - he's contradicting himself wrt Cav and personalities
    B - cycling is not a big sport in the US, well whoopdedoo, we don't want sports entertainment like NFL or NASCAR - bugger off and watch somethign else! The stages on the ToC are so boring because no one cares about it...
    C - No, there is nt an american winning everything - deal with it! - welcome to the rest of the world. Tyler Hamilton aint gonna beat Cav anytime soon.
    D - he's just talking cr*p!

Usually the analysis is much better, something else was clearly bothering that guy and he's just having a whinge
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    ddraver wrote:
    I do like the podcast (listening to it now) but that guy is just being a bit pathetic!

A - he's contradicting himself wrt Cav and personalities
    B - cycling is not a big sport in the US, well whoopdedoo, we don't want sports entertainment like NFL or NASCAR - bugger off and watch somethign else! The stages on the ToC are so boring because no one cares about it...
    C - No, there is nt an american winning everything - deal with it! - welcome to the rest of the world. Tyler Hamilton aint gonna beat Cav anytime soon.
    D - he's just talking cr*p!

Usually the analysis is much better, something else was clearly bothering that guy and he's just having a whinge

Tyler Farrar probably won't either :lol:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Oh damn and blast!! :oops:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver