What an idiot.

christurbo
christurbo Posts: 432
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
I had my first run on my new carbon clinchers today. I soon noticed that i could hear a rubbing noise coming from what seemed my rear wheel with each pedal stroke.

Completely pissed off i assumed that the wheel set was flexing causing the rim to rub on the pads.

After arriving home and after tinkering i soon discovered it was the sound of my new bibs rubbing against my new tri saddle!!!

I was quite relieved but felt a total plonker outside riding up and down my street trying to recreate the problem with my head between my legs looking out for the rim rubbing against the pads.

Luckily enough the wheelset is nice and stiff!

Comments

• mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Are your bibs made of pvc- otherwise known as gimpbibs? :D
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • christurbo
    christurbo Posts: 432
    Ha!

No DHB bibs, however my San Marco Tri saddle is also made of a sort of material on the horn so they must make some sort of noise when added together!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    christurbo wrote:
    ...felt a total plonker outside riding up and down my street trying to recreate the problem with my head between my legs looking out for the rim rubbing against the pads...

Turbo trainers, not just there for the nasty things in life, like err, training; they're great for tinkering.