Silly O'clock Saturday morning thread

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders!

Yet another practically sleepless night, but hopefully I'll catch up after I attempt to stay awake to watch quali for the F1. sleeping pattern is truly fooked atm! Finishing uni so early has not been the most productive time of my life thats for sure, so while everyone else has been doing exams, I've doing sweet F'all :D Doubt I'll be riding this weekend, got a busy few days, got the olympic torch heading through town on monday and got abit of a party type thing in town for it too on sunday, Kids in glass houses are playing (for those who know who they are) so quite looking forward to that. should be a good weekend in all :D

Anyway, better try and get some zzzzz's before I actually have things to watch, TV really is shit at 5.30 in the morning! Laters!!!

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    this lack of sleep appears to be catching...

anyways, gonna watch tv for a few hours, then I'm actually going to ride the bike today. no idea where we're going but it will involve a pub.

nowt else planned
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I don't know why but this sunshine seems to have perked up the missus, woke up before me then made a cuppa and now she has the bacon on the fryer.

Whoever has my old gal can keep her, this ones better.

Now to decide where to ride, do I travel or ride locally.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Morning homos!

THE TT STARTS TODAY!!!!!!!

Afret 351 days of abject misery, living on this godforsaken rock is about to pay-of again!

and the best thing is that the IOM didn't move the Bank hol, so I'm still off on Monday too!

AND we get an extra bank hol a week on Fri for senior race day
    AND we get another extra bank hol on Jul 5th for Tynwald day
    AND we're using our extra "jubilee" bank holiday so we can take off the day after tynwald day too.

WINNOR!

Time for bacons, then into town for a bit with the kids to grab some stuff before it gets too busy with tourists, then might watch a bit of the practice session this evening.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,863
    Morning

Head fuzzy due to large consumption of ale

Today is going to Ludlow to pick up the bloody expensive ring I bought the wife last w.end
    Other than that picnic by the river and BBQ with friends later
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Salutations Maggots,

Had a good day out yesterday, weather is mighty hot in the Alsace area and today is a scorcher too!
    We'll be off to Germany this afternoon to do some shopping and sightseeing
    Sadly, Orange TV doesn't cover F1, it's on a pay to view option, so I'll be relying on the BBC website for updates.

Enjoy the sunshine in Blighty Crudders, while it lasts :¬)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Page, silly o'clock? I'd been up anhour for work. Just a trip to Barry to do and that's me done for the day
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning losers!

Well, I had a good nights kip thanks. Was a little warm when I woke, but slept great. This is the UK, not Kenya, it wasn't that warm!
    Today, I've not got many plans, but will all include me not getting in my car at all. I will walk everywhere as it's too nice to miss. I also will not be watching Eurovision, as I can't stand the damn thing.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning burglars of turd!

Got back last night from a couple of days golfing at the belfry, it went golf, golf, booze, golf,burn, booze, burn, golf, booze, booze, food, booze, booze, sleep, full english, golf, burn, golf, burn, golf, burn, rehydrate lots, drive home, lost, drive home, arrive home! Food, hot tub, sleep.

Bbq action today and tomoz, coz its weather tastic!

HAVE A GOOD UN DOOOOOOODS!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • 123oldman
    123oldman Posts: 268
    Grass mowed,car sorta clean(ish), bout to head out on the bike, beer will be consumed to counteract the possible sun exposure :)

Have a good un :D
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    A'rtnoon meatwads,

Just got back from a pootle around Dog and Monkey at Cannock. Need to refit the summer tyres, as the winter rubber had zero grip (I was even crabbing up the fireroads!). Frankly, it was hilarious! Also, I have no bike handling skills - but that's nothing new. Car park was rammed, but the trails were quite quiet.

All in all, an enjoyable morning out. Now I'm home, GP quali has finished so it;s into the garaage to rebuild a trasnfer-box, then packing kit for tomorrows paintball game. In 27deg heat.

Onwards! To spanners and EP90! ...aaaand maybe a coffee.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,481
    Afternoon Gimps,

Been out and about supping coffee and buying stuff on the High Street - where for some bizarre reason they're having the Jubilee celebrations a week early :? Got a good fish n chip lunch down me and feeling stuffed. Anyway, it's time to sit in the garden and read the latest copy of Dirt Mag with a nice cold drink 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Noon cum buckets

Last night consisted of much turning and tossing, and generally sweating like an sunburnt hippo. Much discomfortness

Today consisted of tramping round Cheshire to find a rear brake caliper adaptor for my bike. Normal Shimano product, 160mm rear iso to post, like comes with the calipers from new.

Well first 3 shops look at me like im a mong. To be fair a fat bloke in shorts, t-shirt, expensive shades, and dripping with sweat is not a good look! But eventually found a shop which stocked said part....... In Congleton!

So 25 mins later I arrive, panting and wheezing at said shop and ask for part. I get the mong look for a second, then the penny drops and he scurries off out the back, comes back with a front 160mm HOPE one, not Shimano nor REAR.

About 20 mins it took me to convince the obviously Halfrauds trained loser that I have one of them at home, IT DON'T WORK. And I have the only 160mm REAR bracket in Cheshire it would seem in my hands. EVEN THOUGH its £5 more than the Shimano one and Silver not Black like I want. But after cycling all that farking way im not leaving empty handed!

So im now home, with a silver bracket, which after a quick test fit IS the correct one, and is now baking its nice satin black paint in the sunshine! I'll whack it on ralph in a bit and set the caliper up!

Tonight will consist of much beer drinking in the hope I might get sleep, and tomorrow is work! Much distress. Atleast I get free Bacons for ghoing in on Sundays

Later pilgrims
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Could have saved your self lots of trawling and clicked a few buttons.
  • sloppycowpat
    sloppycowpat Posts: 349
    noon, spaz sniffers,

great spin out on the cycle path and canal to day, followed by a beer in a pub and much amusement watching a fat chick take about 5 minutes to walk up 10 steps :lol:, she stopped at every step for a breather mind she looked well over 20 stone

now more beer and i'l start the bbq up soon,

god i love summer :D
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Could have saved your self lots of trawling and clicked a few buttons.
    I know, but dont like leaving jobs half done. Done it now tho. Update incoming
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Finally back after a very long day in in the sun, did 3 push up/ride downs near Place Fell. Had an off, got a cut/bruise on the inside of my leg that looks more like a bite.... Went off to a lake and had a BBQ and lazed in the sun for a few hours. Then went over to Wheelbase, drooled over a couple of the Trek bikes they have and then watched Phil Kay do some comedy.
    Just been listening to TFN whimpering in the shower, he's a tiny bit burnt after refusing my offer of sun cream. Very glad I covered myself in factor 40 or I'd be in for a very uncomfortable night!
    Epic day, very happy!

Also earned the keys to TFN's house... Never had the keys to a boy's house before.. Scary!

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,481
    foxc_uk wrote:
    earned the keys to TFN's house...
    How exactly did you 'earn' the keys to his house? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    earned the keys to TFN's house...
    How exactly did you 'earn' the keys to his house? :wink:
    He claims it was the bike ride... I know better :wink: