This is why I don't go out anymore

mattsaw
mattsaw Posts: 907
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
Aside from being far too old for drunken shenanigans I woke-up with this in my head on Saturday

zvLcEl.jpg
Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
Strava

Comments

• MarksMintness
    MarksMintness Posts: 484
    Ouch! Do you remember how that happened? You get stitches?
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I vaguely remember becoming entangled with a chair-leg after an uncivilised dinner. Luckily it was in a private room so I only embarassed myself in front of people I know that will constantly remind me of this for years to come.

For some unknown reason I decided that a bit of a sit-down and some tissues would sort me out. After that the rest of the night is a bit of a blur. Stupid is as stupid does I suppose.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Good man! Chicks dig scars! Have to admit my body is a tapestry of similar marks (but fewer with advancing years......)
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Yes, it's a worry. Heads bleed a lot as well so that should have made quite a mess. I presume you got as much sympathy as I tend to after similar stupidity.
    Anyway, hope it heals fast. Same for the inevitable extra strength hangover. You have my sympathy at least.
    Simon may be right about chicks digging scars. They may be less impressed when they hear all of the stupid ways in which I got mine.
  • Ouch. Hope that heals fast.

If it makes you feel any better, I incurred a similar injury aged 10 playing striker.

striker-game.jpg.

I'd rather not go into the embarrassing story behind this injury; suffice to say that it would scarcely have been have been worse if I had been wearing a tie like the kid on the box. :oops:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem