My Trigon RQC29 - Wheelset Change

whosthedaddy
whosthedaddy Posts: 136
edited September 2012 in Your road bikes
Not long taken up road biking (56 years young) and have just finished building my Trigon RQC29
Purchased framepod 2nd hand (Off Bike radar) and swapped integrated stem/bar (130x460) for some Planet x Carbon Bars (440mm) and Planet x 100mm stem
Added full Ultegra groupset and some handbuilt Planet x Carbon Clinchers
Also purchased an Intrepid wheelset for training
A pleasure to ride, just have to get this aging body back in the groove
DSCF0636_zpsa470a2ff.jpg
DSCF0635_zps91213328.jpg
DSCF0627_zpsb040d83f.jpg

Comments

• Flambes
    Flambes Posts: 191
    Nice one! Good choice. :D
    I'm loving my 29 at the moment. Oddly enough I just bought the integrated bar/stem yesterday, could have done swaps!
    They're also pretty rare, never seen another in Sportives around my part of the world.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    very nice...
  • very nice
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Great to see another Trigon owner! I've had one for about 8 months now and I'm loving it. It's a top-notch frame and I keep hoping that the company will take off in a big way. Most of the best bike frames are made in Taiwan after all, the difference is that Trigon is honestly marketed as Taiwanese rather than faux-Italian... If Giant can do it, so can Trigon! They just need some better marketing - sponsorship of a big team and some big glossy ads in the cycling mags..

Here's mine:
    dsc4141y.jpg
  • whosthedaddy
    whosthedaddy Posts: 136
    neeb wrote:
    Great to see another Trigon owner! I've had one for about 8 months now and I'm loving it. It's a top-notch frame and I keep hoping that the company will take off in a big way. Most of the best bike frames are made in Taiwan after all, the difference is that Trigon is honestly marketed as Taiwanese rather than faux-Italian... If Giant can do it, so can Trigon! They just need some better marketing - sponsorship of a big team and some big glossy ads in the cycling mags..

Here's mine:
    dsc4141y.jpg

That looks nice, I did buy some white tape, but plumped for red in the end
    Just weighed mine on my daughters hand held luggage scales and it's 8kgs
    I assume they're reasonably accurate.
    Going for my first 50 miler tomorrow with friends. Hopefully I'll come through it without too many aches and pains
  • neeb
    That looks nice, I did buy some white tape, but plumped for red in the end
    Just weighed mine on my daughters hand held luggage scales and it's 8kgs
    I assume they're reasonably accurate.
    Going for my first 50 miler tomorrow with friends. Hopefully I'll come through it without too many aches and pains
    Mine comes in at 6.7, but that's with a record/SR mix, eurus clinchers and some carefully chosen components...

Enjoy the ride tomorrow! Oh, and go for the white tape, it'll match the saddle. :wink: Black would look OK too and be a lot easier to keep clean (I use the Fizik microtex which is the only really practical white tape)
  • MarksMintness
    MarksMintness Posts: 484
    That's a nice looking frame. Enjoy the ride tomorrow mate. Mark
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Nice. The frame looks exactly like one of the Wilier frames.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Trigon make Deda's frames. They also make pinarello's MOst branded stuff and the PRO finishing kit for shimano.
    They are top of the range for mid range prices.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • neeb
    Nice. The frame looks exactly like one of the Wilier frames.
    Interesting you should say that, the geometry is nearly identical. Pretty steep angles in the slightly smaller sizes (Medium), which suits me well. I was looking around for other frames with similar geo to the Trigon and Wilier really jumped out. Many manufacturers use 72 or 72.5 degree head angles on these frame sizes, which with the ubiquitous 43mm rake fork (usually not in the geo chart...) makes for more trail than I'm comfortable with. Trigon & Wilier both have 73 headtubes in the Medium and nice & steep seat tube angles (74.5), which means I can still use a setback post without having to put the saddle all of the way forward...
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Trigon make Deda's frames. They also make pinarello's MOst branded stuff and the PRO finishing kit for shimano.
    They are top of the range for mid range prices.
    I always thought that the downtube on the Trigon looked very dogma-like. Probably about as aero as a parachute, but never mind... :wink:
  • Wheelset changed to American Classic Aero 420 that were originally on My Moda Stretto
    Completing 50/60 mile rides now most weekends and about to attempt the Pennines Etape in 2 weeks
    Just wish I'd taken this road cycling up many years ago. Just love it