Giro Stage 19 *spoiler*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ukm_19.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Basso 1-45 behind pink, so not completely out of it. He'll need others to crack tomorrow though.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Kudos to Ryder, great ride.

Massive fail for Basso. Can't deliver when you've told your team to ride hard on the front for the past two weeks.

It's not like basso makes them ride on the front. It's Roberto A.'s tactic.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Is Uran any good in a TT? I've got it in my mind that he isn't too bad compared to the others? If he can limit his loses tomorrow he could make the podium possibly.

Awesome by Ryder-mtbers ftw!!! :D
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Scarponi looked dead. Will he have anything for tomorrow?

Ryder seems so big compared to the mountain elves (Pozz, scarpo, Uran, and JROd).
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    edited May 2012
    Pretty cool to see Ryder Hesjedal from Garmin Barracuda continue to put the hammer down. The way he's riding he might even take tomorrow's stage if a break doesn't get too far up the road.
  • Tom BB
    Put spoiler in the title so as not to wind people up too much.....
  • Where does that leave Cav for the points jersey...where does he need J-Rod to finish tomorrow?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    He trains in Hawaii. Some huge climbs there apparently.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Tomorrow will be EPIC!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    didn't think the ryder had that sort of ride in him.... thought he was bluffing the other day.

LIQ just fell apart... which isn't that surprising given the race they had.... going to be a lot of debate about whether they did too much too early but the fact is basso hasn't got it.

if they want to take him on they have to attack early old school.. his team is not that strong in the hills?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Le Commentateur
    dsoutar wrote:
    The reason riders look so cooked is that (I hope) there's nothing iffy in their systems. Let's pray that the days of riders (Bertie / Ullrich / Ricco/ LA ) etc looking fairly fresh at the end have ended
    True, but I was there in 1999 and Pantani also looked completely wasted as he crossed the line and Ivan Gotti all but fell off his bike as he finished. The iffy stuff is to make sure they are fresh and ready to do it again next morning.
  • mididoctors
    Where does that leave Cav for the points jersey...where does he need J-Rod to finish tomorrow?

lower than 4th I think
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    RE maglia rossa: I think J-Rod needs 4th or better tomorrow
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Le Commentateur
    Ahhh, Vino talking with Kreuziger on RAI at the moment.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,546
    WTF was that coming out of Scarponi's nose as he crossed the line? He looked totally fecked as did everyone else but Ryder.

I only got to watch from 4pm onwards. Originally thought I had missed everything but the 2nd half of the final climb was riveting.

To disagree with Frenchie's comment earlier about Bertie attacking early and making it more fun to watch I wholly disagree. Seeing 6 or 7 riders at the top of their game and closely matched is much more impressive than 1 man (clean or not) slamming everyone on every climb.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    edited May 2012
    Where does that leave Cav for the points jersey...where does he need J-Rod to finish tomorrow?

I think Cav is 13 points ahead 138 vs 125

The first 15 on the finish line get 25, 20, 16, 14, 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points *

So if J-Rod finishes 5th or lower Cav should win it.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    J-Rod has the potential to get top 15 in the TT.
  • Tom BB
    Are there points for the TT.....oh and don't be daft!
  • mididoctors
    iainf72 wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Kudos to Ryder, great ride.

Massive fail for Basso. Can't deliver when you've told your team to ride hard on the front for the past two weeks.

It's not like basso makes them ride on the front. It's Roberto A.'s tactic.

harmon had it down

if basso had won the giro the tactics were sound

CSC won the tour with sastre with similar tactics...though they had the schlecks as foils
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Tom BB wrote:

I'm not being daft. 1 guy who wants to win the pink jersey vs everyone else who just want to finish and go home.
  • cycling5280
    Bakunin wrote:

Ryder seems so big compared to the mountain elves (Pozz, scarpo, Uran, and JROd).

Scarponi is done. Those guys are probably saying, 'WTF?!" when they see a big guy like Ryder power away.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    afx237vi wrote:
    Tom BB wrote:

I'm not being daft. 1 guy who wants to win the pink jersey vs everyone else who just want to finish and go home.

I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't he wearing the leaders jersey in the Vuelta TT a few years ago where he lost 5 minutes to the winner?

I think top 15 is very optimistic personally.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • mididoctors
    afx237vi wrote:
    Tom BB wrote:

theres a bunch of guys for the win

the pinottis and phinneys et al

I can see Jrod doing a much better than previous TT but top 15?

of the guys in the top 10-15 on GC he is still one of the weakest and they are all going to ride
  • mididoctors
    and there is another massive mountain stage a lot could happen
  • cycling5280
    afx237vi wrote:
    J-Rod has the potential to get top 15 in the TT.

not likely given a flat TT course. I see a bunch of guys ahead of him assuming they survive tomorrow.

Hesjedal
    Basso
    Larsson
    Vande Velde
    Pinotti
    Oliveira
    Thomas
    Hermans
    Hansen
    Tuft
    Rasmussen
    Phinney
    Bobridge and probably a handful of other guys I'm forgetting. My bet is Phinney, Rasmussen or Tuft taking it.
  • mididoctors
    Bakunin wrote:

Scarponi is done. Those guys are probably saying, 'WTF?!" when they see a big guy like Ryder power away.

apparently he weighs 67kg!
  • Tom BB
    I thought it was 6 minutes in the Vuelta....he was about 90th in that TT overall I think. Top 15, no way.
  • cycling5280
    Bakunin wrote:

apparently he weighs 67kg!

My bad, tall not big.
  • cycling5280
    Tom BB wrote:
    Put spoiler in the title so as not to wind people up too much.....

Relax.....its only the internet! :)