Complete Roadie newbie and got my first bike! (Pics)

adam0bmx0
adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
edited October 2012 in Your road bikes
Hi all, been a member for quite a while now but hadn't posted. Basically been riding bikes all my life, got into bmx'ing at around 16-19 while also riding MTB's, then got into DH racing so did that for a few years in Devon/Cornwall, moved to London last Oct so sold my DH bike, been commuting on my Chris Boardman HT with slicks and the forks locked out but want to got into the road side of things and join a club.

He's a few pics from over the years of my various bikes!

5.jpg

Long or short travel depending on my terrain!

bothoranges.jpg

DSC034981.jpg

DSC038151.jpg

DSC03893.jpg

DSC04168.jpg

DSC04401.jpg

DSC04602.jpg

So erm yea, had a few (some not pictured) and currently own 4 bikes now, 3 not pictured! (CB, Commencial, and a BMX)

Currently living in Elephant and Castle, bought myself a lovely '09 1.7 Trek, full 105 groupo. Not been out on it yet as i need to trim the steerer down and fit a crown race;

IMAG0281.jpg

So yea, thats me, looking forward to getting out on her and seeing how different it is to all my other steeds!

Just a quick Q, should I run 28c Fr/23c Rr or 23c Fr and Rr?

Front currently fitted with a 28c Schwable Kojak, but can switch it to match the back, a Michelin Dynamic Sport.

Cheers,

Adam
If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Welcome to the road side. You'll soon be enjoying some high speed rides.

I've not heard of people using different width tyres front and rear before but I'd say 25 for both gives the best results
  • JohnnyV111
    JohnnyV111 Posts: 50
    Love the MTB collection. As your bike handling skills appear to be (cough) "above average" you'll have no problem at all with 23 tyres on both wheels and I'm sure you'll be zipping along in no time. Have fun!
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Just remember the bars won't spin.
  • adam0bmx0
    Done some purchasing, now running on Mavic Ksyrium Elites fitted with Michelin Pro 3's and an Ultegra cassette;

IMAG0435.jpg

IMAG0438.jpg

And a Specialized Toupe seat;

IMAG0436.jpg

:D
  • them's some sexy wheels
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Those wheels look sweet. I have Mavic Aksiums (cheaper than Ksyriums) and they are lovely - so yours will be great.
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • adam0bmx0
    Update. :D

Here is my Trek in its most recent spec an '09 1.7 with full 105 and '10 105 Sti levers with Ksyrium Elites and GP4000s'.

new1-1.jpg

Had a great summer on it, did a few sportives in and around London. Did London 2 Brighton and went out to Surrey etc up Boxhill.

Now after a fair few miles and nothing wrong with the Trek, I fancied buying a nice carbon frame and swapping all the parts over so the hunt began. I had ridden some very nice carbon bikes and had always prefered the feel;

Look.jpg

Di2.jpg

Legend.jpg

And this is what I bought (ok not as good as the above), a mint '10 Focus Cayo with MegaExo BB fitted and an SLK K-Force light seat post (Not pictured)

Focusframe.jpg

So spent the last few nights building her up, cleaning parts, fitting new cable, grip tape and bought an Ultegra 6700 braze on front mech and here she is, just need to trim the rear mech cable as still getting it spot on.

FocusDone.jpg

Looking forward to getting out on her this weekend!