Rockshox or dt swiss

omaha
omaha Posts: 120
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Looking at a new set of forks for the carbon HT I'm used to rockshox but like the sound of the dt's. So my question is do i go for. SID xx 100mm or dt swiss xrm twinshot? Has anyone here used both? They be used mainly xc raceing and marathons.

Ta
a bike with round rubbery things
another bike with springy bits on it
another bike with too few gears

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The SIDs have been getting better reviews in WMB and MBUK - but make sure you get the right one. Do you want remote hydro lock out? I'd be looking at the RCT3 or RLT.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I picked up some 100mm World Cup Sids for £400 new. Very light, very well damped. Super happy with them.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • omaha
    omaha Posts: 120
    supersonic wrote:
    The SIDs have been getting better reviews in WMB and MBUK - but make sure you get the right one. Do you want remote hydro lock out? I'd be looking at the RCT3 or RLT.

i've noticed the sids have the better reviews, i have poploc on my rebas, i had a play with the hydro and was nice and easy to lock, but i suppose its just another expensive thing to get serviced blah blah.
    i had a set of pace 40's a few years ago and liked them which is why i was looking at the dt swiss.
    benpinnick wrote:
    I picked up some 100mm World Cup Sids for £400 new. Very light, very well damped. Super happy with them.

any left :wink:
    a bike with round rubbery things
    another bike with springy bits on it
    another bike with too few gears