Limes and Ditches Monday Morning thread™

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Good Morning protien swallowers.

Today I am doing mostly nothing! For I am upon holiday.

Took the shock off the back yesterday, out of curiosity and to grease it. totally put it back on wrong :oops: on the first attempt. Might index gears at some point.
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Good morning fellow crudders!

Still ato work until 7am when i will proceed home to sleep, ten back to work 7pm tonight. 'yawn'

un-eventful weekend in all due to weather being generally poor and it being close to pay day!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    You people fail with morning threads!

Morning losers!
    Having actually had some sleep, and just woken up, I have a day of work ahead of me. Whoop-de-do.
    Hopefully the brakes Gazlar has sent will arrive today, so a bit of fettling tonight could be on the cards.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' Penguin theives

The start of another whirlwind week in Clanksville. It starts with a meeting, and will undoubtedly end with a meeting. There are several meetings in between, also. I may (and there is the slightest chance, here) actually get some work done in between.

Out of work, I will spend time sorting the house and sourcing a repalcement transfer box for the car, as the current encumbent has developed the 'death rattle'. Also trying to re-arrange finances so I can start saving for that Trek Fuel I think I deserve.

What a heady, rock 'n' roll lifestyle I lead, eh?

Onwards! To coffee, m**********rs! Yeah.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning cockjanglers,
    Pretty good weekend to be honest, Food, Drink and riding. nice.

This week willl mainly be arse at work, but i will be commuting hopefully (if i remember to sort it out the night before) on my bike at least a few times? I should also be ordering my smug build frame and forks tomorrow :) which is nice.

Anyway onwards to porridge and even more coffee
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,884
    Another day at the coal face. Meant to be a day off but needed to be in for a few bits, pain in the ar3e as I need to be in Birmingham for 17:00 - got a feeling I am going to be late. To add to the fun the wife took the sat nav out of my car a couple of weeks ago & therefore I am fubared for getting to a hotel somewhere near the mailbox :evil:
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Mornin Chutney Ferrets!

Bleurgh, monday, can already feel loathing and general hatred towards work this morning and i have barely opened my eyes! My water is telling me it is not going to be a good day, ho hum :(

Still, once the working day is complete i should get home to find a nice shiny new headunit for my car waiting for me, yay :) May also sneak a ride in this evening, as it was a complete MTB fail of a weekend :(

Onwards (etc).....
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

my son has chicken pox so the weekend was spent mostly cleaning up sick and making sure he's OK as the gf went out with her parents for most of the weekend. i did get out to the pub to watch the heineken cup final though :D

no bike riding as i sold my HT friday and i'm in the process of buying the bits to build a new one that will hopefully be complete by next weekend 8)

ah well, after about 4 hours sleep i'm off to get a big can of monster and some bacons

laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Great time at Empire of Dirt yesterdays. Those riders are fecking amazing. Anyways uni meh today, got a couple of lectures about my next presentation, then the rest of the day will probably be spent with my tutor group while they faff around for ages over stupid insignificant details and ignore my attempts to actually get some work done. This is the massive problem with going to a uni full of womens, it's drives you fucking mental :roll:

Gym this evening, then TV, more revision and crap. Also trying to find cheap bike insurance for next year.

Laters
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers,

First day back at work today, still, week and half and I'm off for a week again, then another week back them a week off.

Started taking apart Bender last night to turn Bender into Amy, ironically while I was watching a futurama where they all changed bodies.....weird

Got to sort out the house this week as Mrs Gs sister and bloke have split up, but as neither have anywhere else to go they are just moving into separate rooms, although this means I get the front room back from being his nerd computer room as his PC can go in his bedroom now.

Hopefully he'll move out soon and I'll be like man about the house
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,718
    Morning Ditch Diggers,

Need more sleep and have developed a few post downhilingl aches but got off remarkably lightly compared to the damage I usually inflict on myself as I actually avoided stacking it yesterday :shock: Need to sort out the bike and maybe order some new brake pads, then its more job hunting fun. Might go for a swim if I'm feeling like it later: but priority now is a massive cup of coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Bonjour Maggots,

A day of laziness once again.. what shall I do? No idea... missus is at work and I am left to my own devices.
    Not so hot out today, but I am sure the sun will shine later on in the day
    Today will be spent playing Angry Birds Rio and generally trying to make sense of French TV.. so many channels all in the wrong language..
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning ladyboys
    Full of the joys of monday this morning. Workmeh followed by yoga today. Then I've got to do something about the mess in my house as I don't seem to have managed to tidy up or do the washing up for about a week.
    Busy week this week, but the highlight is payday tomorrow, coinciding with the sale on CRC. Might treat myself to some things....maybe.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning persian rug munchers,

Today is work.. blugh. But hoping to get some evening rides int his week after being a lazy twonk over the weekend. Got my eye on moving the speed to 10 speed with a duel ring set up. not gonna put a chain device on yet as there expensive and want to save for a dropper first.

But apart from that coffee fueled spread sheet madness :S
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs

Today I do not ache at all after cycling 120 miles yesterday. I do however seem to be incredibly alert which for Monday morning is never a good thing.

Wife is not very well though, keeps passing out and can't stay awake, so I'm having to take time off this week to look after little one and little two.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • thekickingmule
    Hopefully the brakes Gazlar has sent will arrive today, so a bit of fettling tonight could be on the cards.
    They arrived! Wiggle have a lot to live up to, as the bag of Haribo that came from Gazlar's order is HUGE! (A bit like my obvious).

Definitely buying from him more often ;) Cheers matey!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    That's ok mate, its just all the haribo I had left from putting separate orders in to superstar, well its free postage so order one thing at a time ;)

I just hope you ain't diabetic
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    They arrived! Wiggle have a lot to live up to, as the bag of Haribo that came from Gazlar's order is HUGE! (A bit like my obvious).

Definitely buying from him more often ;) Cheers matey!

I hope it was a sealed bag. I'd not trust anything I got from Gaz to not be laced with roofies.
  • Clank
    Wife is not very well though, keeps passing out and can't stay awake, so I'm having to take time off this week to look after little one and little two.

Fark. I hope its nothing serious. Healing vibes.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Clank wrote:

either that or she's been eating gaz's haribos :shock:

but seriously, i hope she's ok...
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    No Haribo's with my seatpost Gaz, paypal dispute will be opened shortly ;)
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Although I did just notice that the box you used was formely inhabited by Aldi Creamy Coleslaw, so I'll let you off.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Up for 2 hours during the night for the little boo no.1 to have a midnight feast so running on a lack of sleep. That was until we just had a big department meeting of much imporance in the council chanbers. Council chambers = nap time so I am now feeling a little refreshed and ready to do some work.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evenin' bottom feeders,

Had my annual checkout in the gas chamber, CS really clears the sinusses quite nicely so not all bad!

Off to local delivery in a mo to pick up wiggle bits, cannot remember for the life of me what i ordered but it must be all good!

Sun is now out and its getting warm, hope it lasts!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    welshkev wrote:
    Clank wrote:

I call my wang my haribo, so if shes been eating that she is definately going to be ill

EH_Rob, thanks for letting me off, fortunately it was Aldi Coleslaw and not my own, which is creamier, Mr Mule also held me to ransom on the Haribo, which was a dealbreaker if I didn't send it
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    The Haribo (Not Gazlars obvious!) has been consumed, mainly by me. The minion was allowed some.

It was indeed the dealbreaker. I asked for an hour with Maddie, but Gaz wouldn't give in, so I opted for Haribo.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Gazlar wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Clank wrote:

I call my wang my haribo, so if shes been eating that she is definitely going to be ill

Not eating any Wang or haribo, but the Nurse gave her something and then took some fluids, still no change but worried she's becoming a lesbicon! (but still worried as blood test results won't come back til Thursday)
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Clank
    but worried she's becoming a lesbicon!

What? One on them bikes with the adjustable suspension and geometry??

One wonders how that would influence her ride quality :?