Tour de Tendring

So who's riding on Sunday

Comments

• Nobody on here then I guess
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I did. Bit late now of course, but just saw your post. A good event I thought. Nothing too challenging, but well signed/marshalled and stuff at he start/finish to keep the other half occupied for a few hours. Bit breezy out there today though!
  • My ride today, and yes it's was flipping windy

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/87225600
  • DaveHudson
    DaveHudson Posts: 290
    Not sure what I'm more impressed with, Your time to do that ride or the fact you made it through Clacton and Jaywick without getting stabbed!
  • gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    haha yes nice time, perhaps the thought of being stabbed was responsible for it!
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    I did it today and really enjoyed it. You beat my time around the course by 5 min :wink: Did manage to hold 30mph all the way along clacton seafront which was fun, do you know of any similar rides coming up locally? I live quite close to clacton and am looking to do some more ridng in groups.
  • Seafront run was great.
    Ps I was the fat lad wearing a black and pink giro de italia shirt
  • welkman
    yep spotted you, I was the slightly confused bloke on a kona jake thats too big for me sporting a brooks saddle.

W
  • chill123
    chill123 Posts: 210
    welkman wrote:
    do you know of any similar rides coming up locally? I live quite close to clacton and am looking to do some more ridng in groups.

Why not try a local club. VCRevolution have regular club runs from Colchester on Sat & Sun and members regularly participate in all sorts of riding from aces, track, TTs and of course sportives.
  • If you can get into Colchester at around six I can highly recommend the 53-12 ride on a weds night
  • welkman
    Right I have a plan. I am on half term next week (teacher) so I will try the vc revolution ride at the weekend and the 53-12 ride midweek.

Thanks for the help.

W
  • Plenty of different groups on Wednesday, just jump in a group that you like the sound of the avg speed they go at.
    Pop in the shop first as you need to sign up ( just the once)
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?