not the best interview prep

sloppycowpat
sloppycowpat Posts: 349
edited May 2012 in The hub
Had head on collision today on the way to an interview and arrived early an shaken with mild concussion and a bleeding chin :lol: must have given a great impression, they were great tho got me to clean up and checked by a 'first aider ' then proceeded with the interview, a bit difficult when concussed and barely able to open your mouth to talk, seemed to go well enough though :?

my forks are a write off, some plank headed straight for me on a BSO whilst i was in a bike lane , i was doing about 15 and he about 10, amazed how little damage my bikes has 2 broken spokes and bent set of forks and a broken barrel adjuster, the BSO fared less well a taco'd wheel bent bars, forks and brake fooked dented frame etc

fixed my bike with a some old forks and new brake lever, now I only have a sore/ stiff shoulder/ chin and jaw :evil:, both came of alright

barrel adjuster is trashed
7158991084_5abf34bf62_c.jpg

before
6925279230_1a96dbe2d0_c.jpg

after to give an idea how far they bent
7158921070_32a17f0aaa_c.jpg

close up
7158994202_3c76367d91_c.jpg
the 'dents' at the top are new :roll:

fixed with a sr suntour xcr with broken lock out :lol:
7158917472_6d312db415_c.jpg

How much force does it take to crumple forks?,
worst moment ever...
buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I ran my old raleigh into a lamp post once when drunk and bent the forks a similar amount - I wasnt going that fast. I put a 2p sized dent in my forehead as well (no helmet).

I rode witht he fork like that (as I didn't realise - it was years ago before I knew anything about bikes) until I did the C2C and noticed that decending on forest trails somewhere around the Lakes my forks were gradually bending further and further back - by the time I got to our night stop my front wheel was about 1cm from the down tube!

I hired a bike for the rest of the ride and got my old forks replaced while I was away!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So you rode straight into someone? Plank.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The job before the job before, I turned up for the interview with a big jagged cut right down my face- cleverly gained by challenging my brother to break a guitar over my head 2 days before, while off my tits at a festival. Sometimes I think that's why I got the job- it's good to stand out from the crowd.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • sloppycowpat
    haha i got the job in the end :lol:

well chuffed,

now i will have some more pennies for the being a student for a second time fund :wink:
    worst moment ever...
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Woo congrats!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Congrats!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Congrats man, what are you now? Bell boy?
  • sloppycowpat
    night shift mail sorter for the royal mail, then next year im doing an engineering geology MSc

will be interesting as i've have never worked nights before
    worst moment ever...
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    night shift mail sorter for the royal mail, then next year im doing an engineering geology MSc

will be interesting as i've have never worked nights before

Enjoy the massive change of schedule, when I worked nights it was a love/hate relationship.