Mountain biking on TV

SpeedFræk
SpeedFræk Posts: 111
edited August 2012 in The hub
Hi all, do you know which TV channels are used for broadcasting mountain biking and things like downhill racing etc, the major coverage in Scotland?

Would like to be able to watch the UCI championships.

Thanks.

S

Comments

• IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Try googling it .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • SpeedFræk
    edited May 2012
    I have that's why I am asking here.

I think there isn't much in the way of dedicated channels for mountain biking etc.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    No-one is showing mountain biking or downhill racing on TV. The closest thing would be when freecaster cover events but even then it's not very often.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • SpeedFræk
    Hi, oodboo thanks for the heads up. Just thought i'd ask because I couldn't find anything useful on google.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Eurosport show a fair bit, that's someone.
  • SpeedFræk
    Very few, though the extreme channel isn´t very good :?

Perhaps it would be better just to use the sites recommended by the previous poster.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Freecaster (or xtreme.com or whatever it's called now) is the only real option.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Red bUll TV have all world cupsI think this year, with the talent of Rob Warner on the mic :D
  • SpeedFræk
    Thats great, I take it i'll have to watch online though?

Cheers.

S
  • compo
    Yes, but its free :)

You can get comedy gems from Warner such as the classic

"Steve Peat has done more for mountain biking than Osama Bin Laden has done for terrorism"

:D
  • Eurosport have been showing both the downhill & XC events from the UCI world cup. Much as i love biking, watching it on TV isn't exactly exciting.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Much as i love biking, watching it on TV isn't exactly exciting.
    This. I find it incredibly boring to watch. Not just the live racing, but the crappy £25 dvd films they put out every year. My god Strength in Numbers was bad, at least it was free to watch!
  • jeannot18
    jeannot18 Posts: 720
    Extreme (sport channel on Virgin, I guess you get also on Sky package), do a "Ride guide mountain bike" (Not sure about the right title), they are currently playing an episode every morning. Sometimes you get 2 or3 in a row. It's about different location, with a bit of everything. It's more like a travel/holiday programme but focused on MTB
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Much as i love biking, watching it on TV isn't exactly exciting.
    This. I find it incredibly boring to watch. Not just the live racing, but the crappy £25 dvd films they put out every year. My god Strength in Numbers was bad, at least it was free to watch!

See i disagree thought it was great, and better than watching hours of dirge football/rugby/cricket that's jammed down our throats. though I dislike watching XC racing.
  • oodboo
    Website "live.redbull.tv" will be showing The Downhill World Cup from 13:50pm - 15:20pm (GMT/GDT).

Strava
  • IT66T
    Dam i've missed it :cry: .
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Do they replay the race these days? Used to be able to watch the whole thing the next day on freecaster.
  • oodboo
    It's being replayed today, pinkbike have it and I'm sure you could find it on the redbull site as well.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Val-Di-Sol ... d-Cup.html

Strava
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Ah, nice one, cheers. I'll try catching up on it tomorrow. It's too nice a day to spend indoors today.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Tell you what.

I watched the race live on Sun, all the way through, and was VERY impressed with the quality of it all.

They had some great camera work going on, the quality was good enough that I could watch it on the big telly without it looking like mr squarehead riding his square bike on some lego and it didn't freeze or boot me out once.

As near as it gets to "proper TV" quality.
  • IT66T
    I watched it on sunday as well and was really impressed that we could see most of the course due to it all not being hidden by trees which is really unusual .
  • compo
    Different race.....