King, my a**e

Bozman
Bozman Posts: 2,518
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
King Kenny, 6 home wins and a bag of sh**e signings, but will the crown slip with the scousers....probably not.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    Bring on Martinez.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Bozman wrote:
    King Kenny, 6 home wins and a bag of sh**e signings, but will the crown slip with the scousers....probably not.

Don't bother doing the lottery, he's just been sacked :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

Don't bother doing the lottery, he's just been sacked :lol:

Hence the post!
  • BrianTrousers
    BrianTrousers Posts: 218
    Bozman wrote:

Yeah, eighth in the league, Carling Cup winners, FA Cup finalists, that's cr@p. If I performed like that in my job I'd probably get sac.........hang on!?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    A "Cheap" post and cheap words.....Everyone is a great manager on here after someone's been sacked. Do you think Alex Ferguson should be sacked for losing a 8 point lead in the last 5 games ???

Dalglish will always be a Legend and the "King" to many of the Liverpool,Celtic,Scotland fans - Ok it didnt workout this year...the club has never built on it's champions league win and it's been on a downward spiral...he was asked to come in and steady the ship...2 cup finals is not a bad return and players he brought in "Downing..Carroll etc have NOT performed.
  • bartman100
    bartman100 Posts: 544
    It was always a rose tinted appointment. He's shown he hasn't moved with the times and has tainted his legacy I think with his media hostile demeanour, Suarez handling, tactics and signings. Sad to see but no little schadenfraude given Hodgsons ascedancy.
  • So he has gone so who will replace him? Frank Ricard? It will be interesting to see what develops over the coming weeks.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    If Martinez is approached I hope he would reject the job given the way Wigan stuck with him when other clubs would have given him the "Spanish archer".

Ohter than that I don't care who gets the job.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • bartman100
    If Martinez is approached I hope he would reject the job given the way Wigan stuck with him when other clubs would have given him the "Spanish archer".

Ohter than that I don't care who gets the job.
    I think Wigan can count themselves very lucky that Martinez has been loyal enough to stick around and keep them in the league several times over.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Trouble is it's 2 cup finals in competitions that a lot of teams don't bother to field the first team until the semis or final. The fact is they finished 5 points above Norwich and Swansea despite spending mega-bucks.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Football - what a load of old toss!

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Bozman wrote:
    King Kenny, 6 home wins and a bag of sh**e signings, but will the crown slip with the tourists and day trippers....probably not.

corrected
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    F*cking Americans are a disgrace.

Long live the king.
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    F*cking Americans are a disgrace.

Long live the king.

Nah I think they have ambition
    Erm well lets see who they appoint as manager then I will mention ambition :lol:
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Football is so fickle.

No wonder I don't give a toss any more. I used to be absolutely fanatical up until a few years ago. Then as i became an adult and learned more about the world I realised how utterly ridiculous most of the stuff that happens off the pitch is.

Still love a good 90 mins, don't get me wrong. The whole Carroll/Torres transfers sum it up for me.
  • bartman100
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Football is so fickle.

No wonder I don't give a toss any more. I used to be absolutely fanatical up until a few years ago. Then as i became an adult and learned more about the world I realised how utterly ridiculous most of the stuff that happens off the pitch is.

You can still enjoy 'proper' football if you turn away from the tiresome Premier League for a while - go and watch Bristol Rovers, or even better Bath City.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    My favourite de-throned "King" is Dennis Law after his 1974 back heel that relegated Utd (Scum) whilst playing for city.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=dennis ... 0,s:0,i:74
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My mate has his money on Capelli
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    coriordan wrote:
    My mate has his money on Capelli

Who? Ivan the former italian Grand Prix driver, I wouldnt have thought so, still these far east betting syndicates have thrown some curved (no) balls in the past.

It is some what ironic though that on the day Woy names his first England squad , Kenny gets the boot.

Its nailed on for Martinez, hes a big mate of Benetiz but I cant see Liverpool back tracking again, so Martinez will be as good as getting Rafa back in, Just hope he says no and appreciates the loyality shown to him by Whelan at Wigan.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Probably. Or Capello.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    Worst season since the '40s?

A lot of cash spent too.

See ya.

Really not keen on him after his handling of the Suarez thing.
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Can't stand Dalglish, hated him at Newcastle - he nearly destroyed us by playing the most awful, boring football you can imagine. He handled the Suarez thing disastrously, he's spent mega money on players he just cant get the best out of, and worst of all, his arrogance and pettiness with the media is just embarrassing. I'm glad I don't have to watch interviews with him anymore.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Classic quote from a Liverpool fan on SKY Sports -

"Never go back, Kenny should have never come back, he was a legend".....

SKY

"So who would you like next...?"

Scally

"Rafa...."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: I rest my case. There is no hope....!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Classic quote from a Liverpool fan on SKY Sports -

"Never go back, Kenny should have never come back, he was a legend".....

SKY

"So who would you like next...?"

Scally

"Rafa...."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: I rest my case. There is no hope....!

It's someone else's fault though. You know that, right?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    David Moyes or Martin O'Neil are the two standout managers who seem unable to get a job at one of the big 4-5 clubs - with apologies to Everton and Sunderland fans but it's all about money these days - can't understand why one of the richest 4-5 clubs haven't snapped them up. No doubt someone will tell me they couldn't do it at a "big" club - they probably said the same about Ferguson when he was at Aberdeen.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Was never a great fan of him as a manager, and Suarez-gate will become a textbook case of how to handle something badly and totally misunderstand the real issue.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    I was indifferent to him before the Suarez thing. But after the ridiculous comments from him, effectively saying racism is ok on the pitch and charges shouldn't be brought for it, you've got to question whether he is fit to be in charge of a big club.

Not simply for PC reasons (although the fact that he never seemed to condemn Suarez's actions is pretty despicable and perhaps speaks of his own outlook) but for the simple fact that you can't have someone as totally inept in dealing with your business's image when it operates in an environment where -

1. It is a signatory to a high profile national and international anti-racism campaign (Sepp Blatter's stupid comments on racism aside); and
    2. Is a global brand that makes huges profits from selling TV rights, merchandise and memorabilia to large parts of the globe where the locals are non-white.

The mediocre results this season meant that he had no defense once FSG came to discuss his position. He cost them a lot in terms of damage to their image and prestige and gave them very lttle in return. The Carling Cup? Come on, won on penalties against a Championship side? Hardly a prestigious victory. And the FA Cup? A total capitulation against Chelsea until they woke up when it too late wasn't too clever, neither was the route to the final that tough - Man Utd aside they beat Oldham, Brighton, Stoke and Everton. Wow.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    he should have been given another season-before xmas its was going ok - then suarez got his 8 match ban to assuage the guilt of the prawn butty classes, gerard was injured, charlie adam injured - 8th isnt brilliant, its sh1t, but there are worse managers than him who woud have given their left teste for a cup and an FA cup final appearance - incidently bookies closed the betting on him going on monday - and they closed the betting on mourinho as next manager on tuesday.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    The margin between success and failure in football, like all sports, is so slim. Literally millimetres in the case of the 'equaliser' in the FA Cup final. Would that extra trophy (no matter how much its lustre has faded) have saved him? In the league, Liverpool dropped something like 28 points in games they dominated (based on shots and possession) - a comfortable 3rd place was some decent finishing and in many cases the width of the woodwork away.

But a Carling Cup and near misses was never going to be enough for FSG - particularly given Kenny's poor handling of the Suarez affair. It was probably enough for most of the fans, along with the often attractive football the team played and Kenny's place in the club's history.
  • macleod113
    macleod113 Posts: 560
    In my opinion being a Red myself i think it was the best decision. Like others have said Kenny never left the 80's and his media relations were awful. he gets a question he didnt like and tried to walk off? Suarezgate was awful but the Yanks should have stepped in.
    As for who we get now? i doubt it'll be anyone big as we arent a big club anymore and we need to build again.

on the plus side it looks like we will get Aquilani and Joe Cole back in the summer................... :-D
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014