How about a Family Classifieds Section ?

No, not to sell the wife and kids to raise money for that new bike but for offloading all the kids bikes, tag-a-longs, child seats etc that a large proportion of members probably have cluttering their sheds?

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
    ^ This is a good idea. Kids stuff really doesn't fit or get any interest in the other sections
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I +1'd a similar post not so long ago and nothing came of it... you can but ask
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd be more interested in putting up an accesories page to cover items such as locks, lights etc as well.
  • corkyballs
    corkyballs Posts: 86
    I truly believe that the quick 'churn' of posts seen in the road and MTB sections would be surpassed by the number of posts seen in the suggested section.

If we want to bring on the youngest of cyclists, we need to be able to move kit about between the age groups as easily as possible whilst keeping costs down for parents.
  • supersonic
    Will see what the others say - we have a Family and Kids section, it sees 0.1% of the posts so obviously not very busy! Maybe we can tag a classifieds in that area.
  • tailwindhome
    supersonic wrote:
    Will see what the others say.

I wouldn't expect a huge clamour.

Unless DDD gets involved

Still a good idea though.

I'd have it within Classifieds though, it'll get more footfall from those with kids bikes to sell but who would never think of going into the Family/Kids Section.

One buying/selling forum would do.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • supersonic
    I can't go ahead without input from others ;-)
  • tailwindhome
    supersonic wrote:
    I can't go ahead without input from others ;-)

I applaud the open and democratic approach you have to the admin/modding of this forum.

I agree entirely that others should be afforded the opportunity to give their input.

So unless we have an outpouring of objections the new Kids Bikes Classified section will be set up?

;)
  • supersonic
    Not that, I'd just get shot if I went ahead without others saying owt ;-)