So I got a bit lost....

amclinden
amclinden Posts: 101
edited May 2012 in Amateur race
Basically, on only my second 10 Mile TT I didn't take a left and only realised my mistake a couple of miles down the line. Now I know things like Strava etc exist but
1. I'm not sure if you can plot a route to follow on my phone and
2.Is there another (ANDROID) app that will let me do this. I'm willing to pay a bit but nothing excessive.
Also, I need a mount aswell so any reccomendations would be appreciated.

Cheers
Swveeeet¡¡¡

Comments

• estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    12 weeks and the android watch will be out

sync with the fone via blutooth and gives a display on a watch (c/w bar mount)

carrys all teh info of the fone so it stays in your pocket

1st release is with new sony android fone (8-10 weeks)
  • amclinden
    amclinden Posts: 101
    Cheers, Although It's a good idea it will inevitably be quite expensive, I was looking for something more along the lines of a few quid download...
    Swveeeet¡¡¡
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    I have never heard of anyone in my life who needed a direction finding gizmo to finish a 10 mile time trial. Unbelieveable.

Guess you must be one of the younger generation.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Weren't there any marshalls on the time trial?
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Mounted phone on your bike on a time trial...are you serious? If you can study a map on a phone display you're not doing it right.

Heres my advice look at the route map on the internet and then ride the course on a previous day or even on the day before the TT would be a good warm up?!
  • jocksyboy
    jocksyboy Posts: 135
    DavidJB wrote:
    Mounted phone on your bike on a time trial...are you serious? If you can study a map on a phone display you're not doing it right.

Heres my advice look at the route map on the internet and then ride the course on a previous day or even on the day before the TT would be a good warm up?!

+1

most 10m TT are straight out and back. You only have to learn half the course!
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    In all fairness, a SPOCO last year for me had a LH turn to follow after 4 miles, no marshalling there needed, but very easy to miss if you didnt know the route.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    JGSI wrote:
    In all fairness, a SPOCO last year for me had a LH turn to follow after 4 miles, no marshalling there needed, but very easy to miss if you didnt know the route.

Surely marshalls are only there to point the direction so really there should be one at each turn?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Pross wrote:
    JGSI wrote:

Surely marshalls are only there to point the direction so really there should be one at each turn?

yeah , you are probably right, I knew where I was going so I had me head down. thinking back there was marshaling there and OP needs to stop thinking technology is any help whatsoever :wink: