Superstar wheel build

JimboM
JimboM Posts: 380
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
I'm going to get a front wheel from Superstar but as they class this as a custom build I want to make sure I order the right thing !

When speccing the hub it gives various options of adapter eg. QR, 9mm, 15mm, 10mm thru axle etc

I need a 15mm thru axle for my Fox forks, would this be the same as the 15mm or is there some sort of other 15mm fitting (Only ask as for the 10mm they specifically state 'thru axle')

Thanks

Jim
ps I appreciate that the best people to ask would be Superstar themselves but they just sent a generic reply to my email and I can't get hold of them on the phone. Bodes well should there be any issues and if it wasn't for the fact that no one else comes close on price I wouldn't be using them :?
Cannondale Synapse 105
Giant FCR3
GT Avalanche 3.0
Canyon Nerve AM 6.0

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yep, you need the 15mm adaptors.
  • Neal_
    Neal_ Posts: 477
    ^ What he said, you need the 15mm adaptors. SSC are superb but prefer to correspond via email rather than phone although I don't see this as an issue. Also quoting myself from another thread...
    Neal_ wrote:
    I had an off recently buckling my front wheel and sending the chain into the rear spokes on my Superstar wheelset (Switch Evo hubs and AM-490 rims) so took them up on their free truing service and damage repair scheme. I sent them back using Parcelfarce for £12.60, so they were insured and tracked, and just got them back a week later with 8 spokes replaced and both wheels trued at no charge! That's damn fine service in my eyes and a bit of a bargain considering it would cost about £15 per wheel for a LBS to true them, I'm sure replacing the spokes would be more again.

...no haribo though ;)