Fox Shox oil service, easy peezy.

brindlescoops
brindlescoops Posts: 464
edited May 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Just a quick note to anyone who is thinking of doing this, i replaced the oil in the legs, re oiled the stanchion sponges etc as per the 30 hour reccomended service. Cost me £32 for enough of the proper stuff to do this 5 times, so £6.40 per service. Took 25 mins and the forks are noticably smoother afterwards. Versus the cost of your LBS or MOJO doing it its a no-brainer and you dont have to be without your bike for days. So if yiu have been umming and aahing about it, defo do it. :D
My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So what model and year were the forks?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • brindlescoops
    nicklouse wrote:
    So what model and year were the forks?

2012 32rl DRCV (obviously Trek!). But I think the principles are the same for all models, just need to use the right oil and volumes as per the fox service website.

Service.foxracingshox.com
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • brindlescoops
    Fuelled by my satisfaction of yesterdays fork service, I did my dropper post tonight, again piece of Pee to do. Might start a locals service centre!!