My 3 year old has cancer, and what I'm going to do about it

Comments

• Big Jim1
    Big Jim1 Posts: 182
    Rigged wrote:
    I'm 22, unemployed and with a student debt the length of my arm but causes don't get more worthy than this. It's not a lot - I wish I had more to give away - but I hope it helps. Best of luck on your ride and more importantly my very best wishes to the little man, I'm sure he has the fight in him to pull through!

That's very kind of you Rigged. The good thing is that this money will go towards trying to prevent people getting it in the future. Research is definatly the way to go.

I really appreciate you doing this, and your best wishes.

:)
  • Big Jim1
    Just heard that the company I work for matches donations we receive with donations to their chosen Charity "Action for Children". Which is good :)
  • Jim,
    wishing William all the best with the treatment.
    good luck for the ride. :D
  • Big Jim1
    Thanks Paul Stumpy. William is currently on day 4 of his conditioning Chemo. All ok so far. New Cells will go in net Thursday all being well.
  • Big Jim1
    Currently on day 5 of his conditioning Chemo. All going well so far. New cells go in next Thursday :)
  • Big Jim1
    Now on day 7 of his conditioning Chemo. Come Thursday the new cells will go in.

All ok at the moment and surprisingly well all considering.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Great news. Fingers crossed.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Big Jim1
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    Great news. Fingers crossed.

He currently seems to have more energy than his parents which is bizarre.
  • Big Jim1
    Currently on day 8 of his conditioning Chemo and just started being sick poor thing.

Thursday is the big day for his new stem cells. can't wait.
  • engy
    engy Posts: 131
    just donated...

Having three kids myself this breaks my heart. Your strength is amazing...... Hope william gets well soon, Good luck for the ride.
  • Big Jim1
    engy wrote:
    just donated...

Having three kids myself this breaks my heart. Your strength is amazing...... Hope william gets well soon, Good luck for the ride.

Thanks engy. for the donation and wishes. Hopefully He'll pull through it all ok. He's on day 9 today, so the new cells go in tomorrow. Just have to hope it works and he doesn't get too ill with it all.

thanks again :)
  • engy
    brave little man. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Big Jim1
    engy wrote:
    brave little man. My thoughts are with you and your family.

The big day is tomorrow. New stem cells going into him.

He perked up this afternoon which is amazing considering the drugs he's had over the past 9 days.

fingers getting even tighter crossed now :)
  • roddixon
    roddixon Posts: 100
    Fingers crossed here too mate, hate to think what I would be like if my 4 year old was going through that... Chapeau to you BigJim
  • engy
    good luck to you all tomorrow.
  • Big Jim1
    Thanks for the postive thoughts :)

Today is the big day. Going to happen in 2 hits from all accounts. one at 10 a.m. then one in the afternoon.
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    My best wishes to you Big Jim - and especially to your brave little man William.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Donation made.

Good luck with everything and enjoy the ride.

My sincere best wishes to you all.

BJB
  • Big Jim1
    Thanks so very much for the wishes and donation :)
    The below picture (if it works ok) is of the new stem cells going in (i.e. the bone marrow).

AtFvTZiCEAAO-OA.jpg
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    If anyone wishes to join a bone marrow register:

http://www.anthonynolan.org/What-you-ca ... fAodQzGwmg

There's a good chance you'll never be a match (I haven't been so far, close but not 100% suitable), but just by being registered you increase the chances for someone out there who may need it.
  • Big Jim1
    Good call BigJimmyB. Anthony Nolan did the work to get the contents of the above syringe into my son.
    An amazing charity. You can also get on the register when you give blood next.

http://www.blood.co.uk/
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    As a father of 2 very precious little girls I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. You are incredibly strong and it seems your little boy has inherited all of that strength. Best wishes and have a great ride. Donation made. Rob.
  • Big Jim1
    vs wrote:
    As a father of 2 very precious little girls I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. You are incredibly strong and it seems your little boy has inherited all of that strength. Best wishes and have a great ride. Donation made. Rob.
    Thanks Rob, I really appreciate that :)
  • engy
    Hope it went well today ! Brave little man....
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I really really hope that this works out for the little lad. He looks a real fighter. Keep doing what you're doing BigJim1, I can only say how much I admire how you've responded to this situation... I think I would have gone to pieces :(

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Big Jim1
    He got really sick over night with suspected Appendicitus. Had an emergency scan this morning which pretty much ruled it out thank god. They now think it's something called Mucositus which is an expected side affect, though with the acute pain he had it's a little unusual. So it's still wait and hope :(
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Wishing you all the best Jim
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Big Jim1
    brettjmcc wrote:
    Wishing you all the best Jim

Thanks Brett :)
  • engy
    Thinking of you all matey... the little man is doing you proud.
  • Big Jim1
    engy wrote:
    Thinking of you all matey... the little man is doing you proud.

From having a really nervous yesterday morning, he was really good last night. So looks like the crossed fingers and best wishes are still doing their bit in all this. :)